The Uktena

It was huge and scary but also kinda breathtaking with scales that glowed like sparks of fire, a bright blazing crest like crystal on its forehead and horns like that of a deers. there was no doubt this was a Uktena. The crystal on its forehead was called Ulun'suti. It hadn't seen me yet, I was sweating but I didn't want to leave. I was dazed at how cool it looked yet at the same time I knew I had to leave, go home and never come back.

I didn't notice at the time but it appeared I mumbled "If I just don't make noise I can get away without it noticing me". I started backing out of the clearing filled with long dark blades of grass. I was heading into the area of trees that was at least a mile from one end to the other. SNAP "oh no" i broke a twig "maybe he didn't hear it" i was now talking to myself to keep myself calm. I looked up and suddenly the Uktena was turning its head towards me.

I had to do something: "do i hide or run?" I whisper still talking to myself. I dive behind a boulder and took out a sharp gagged knife then picked up a good sized stick from one of the trees. I then say "thank you" to the trees and rips my sleeve off to tie the knife to the stick. I took a deep breath as I tightened my grip on the spear I created.