Chapter 9 - And so it begins

A/N: Minnnaa! Gomenasai! I broke you guys a promise.. I am deeply sorry minna. During the past days, I had encountered problems in the internet connection due to the not-so-good weather here in our country.. I am really sorry minna!

Anyway, the new chapter is here, please enjoy!

-chillsysteayna ❤  

NATSU's POV

Am I dreaming? Am I? I just can't seem to believe this? I am having my first lunch date with Lucy Heartfilia.. 

I thought while waiting for our orders and at the same time, trying to catch some glimpses to the girl who is sitting beautifully right in front of me.

I know I may seem a little off right now. I mean, for goodness sake, we just met just a couple of weeks ago. *sigh* what's gotten into me? 

These questions all over my mind, I just can't seem to find the answers either.

"You really had me at some point Lucy." I unconsciously blurted in a low voice.

"What?" Lucy suddenly asked.

"Wha-ohh..Nothing! I mean, sorry if our orders are taking too long." Geez, why am I freaking out..

Lucy raising her eyebrow, "Was that really what you said? It sounded different though."

"Oh-Umm,Of course!" saying while turning my head to avoid eye contact. 

"Well, it is taking too long.. But I kinda expected it. I mean, this isn't a fast food chain." Lucy explained.

"Ah.. Hehe." kinda out of words..  but yes, she's right. Gezz natsu, get a grip.

Before we knew it, the foods have arrived.

"So Ms. Lucy, I shall leave you now in the hands of my nephew. Hope you'll enjoy.." Uncle Yajima said after our foods were laid out in the table.

"And Natsu.. Please try your best to keep the lovely lady entertained.." Now Uncle Yajima turned to face me.

Suddenly drew his face near me, "Don't screw this up." He whispered and then left.

Oh Uncle.. *sigh* I won't.

"What did he say?" Lucy asked afterwards

"hm? What? Uncle Ya--"

"Yes him.. What did he whisper to you?" Lucy asked with curiosity written on her face. 

"ahh, He said, he's got the bill all covered."

Let's just say, I partly lie because that's not what my Uncle said but what I said was still true. I mean, every time I have a lunch here by myself, it's always free. I tried once to pay but Uncle Yajima won't just give in. 

"Whaat?! Are you saying we'll eat here for free?" Lucy shockingly asked.

"Yes, If free means not having to worry about the bill." I answered while giving her a smile.

"Ahh.. O-oka-y.. Well then, let's eat now. I don't want to be very late in class," Lucy said while somehow quickly diverted her glaze.

LUCY's POV

That smile, why do I feel weird? This so unusual.

And the food, Woah.. The restaurant never fails to amaze me. It is delicious. And heck, we are really getting this for free?! 

This pinkette guy never fails to amaze me as well.

"So Lucy, what do you think of the food? Are you loving it?" Nastu asked out of the blue.

"Ah of course, I wouldn't have pick this restaurant if I don't guarantee there foods taste amazing." I replied while not still focusing my attention to food I'm eating.

"Hehe. It's good to know... I didn't know you have such a quite big interest in foods, seeing you so carefree and not caring of how you look now. You're very different from the usual girls I see."

"What? How do I look? Do I have smudge in my face?!" I asked worriedly.

I know my face shows I love food more than anything else rather than being conscious of my looks.. But in this decent restaurant I need to at least be decent.

"Hahaha^^ No silly, nothing's on your face.. You perfectly look fine, beautiful as always." Natsu smile after saying those

Is he teasing me? Not again.. Why do he has to say those words then smile to me?! urgggh..

"And by the way, I know a lot of restaurants that serve great foods as well, and I would love to take you there with me." natsu added.

"Really?!!" I asked enthusiastically. "--I mean, what are you talking about? I'm full now.. I can't afford to go on another restaurant and eat. And besides, I still have a class remember?"

"Well who said I'll be taking you now? haha^^ I'll be taking you there the next time I'll have you to accompany me in a date." Natsu said and again, smiled.

O.o whaaat? Me and-- him? On a da-aate?!

The thought suddenly made me blush.

"And why would I possibly go on a date with you?" I asked.

"Well, Isn't that what most guys do when they're trying to win a girl's heart? That is to spend time with her and by treating her special?" 

"wha--ah, uhmm--

"Lucy in case you haven't noticed, I'll be courting you starting today."

------------------

END of Chapter