Chapter 16 - Chances

Lucy blink twice or thrice but still unable to comprehend that the pinkette guy in front of her is the same guy who has been in her thoughts all those days.

If not for her ego, she could have hug this guy right there and then. But how could she? She still had all these thoughts in her head thinking that this guy might be over and have already move on. Maybe he's here to clear things for me that he has already made his mind that he won't get involved with her.

"Hey Lucy—" Natsu tried to reach Lucy hand

"What do you want Natsu? Everyone's in the cafeteria now, I don't have much time, I need to go there and Levy might be waiting for me already and the rest of the officers in our school." Lucy said trying to take her gaze away and about to step out her room.
"I'll see you later," Lucy added as she passed Natsu.

Before she could take another step. She was stopped when Natsu suddenly hugged her from behind.

*badump* badum*
Lucy heard her heart raising and beating abruptly. This guy? Why is he doing this? Lucy though, why just now?

"Lucy I missed you! You don't know how much I'm happy to see you just now. Those days I hold back from my desires to go to see you and be with you. I - I don't know why?! But please, please don't push me away.."

Lucy felt an ache in her heart. She can't explain but she felt the hurt Natsu feels that moment. She couldn't understand either why but maybe she thought that those moments with him were all just too good to be true and some day it will all suddenly become the reason her heart gets broken again.

"Lucy." Natsu turned Lucy around to have her face him.

Lucy saw Natsu's sincerity thru his eyes.

"Talk to me pls. I wanna know if I still have a chance or we still have a chance to work us out. They say communication is the key for a successful relationship. And I only want nothing but to make you happy, whatever makes you happy, I'll do it, even if it means I have to let you go."

"Natsu stop." Lucy replies

"Lucy no! Pls! Give me a reason why I should stop? No! Instead Give me a hundred reasons why I should stop my heart from falling for you!!"

"You don't get it. Pls let me talk first—"

"No Lucy you're the one who don't get it! Can't you see?! The first time I've seen you till this time, it's always been you. I can't teach my heart, no matter what I do, I can't dictate who it wants to fall into!"

Lucy was dumbfounded by Natsu's words. This pinkette idiot! Why can't he let me finished first!

*Smack*
Lucy hit Natsu's head just to make him stop and listen to her.

"Pinkette! Can you stop talking for a minute and let me finished?! You see what I'm trying to say to you is that there's no need for you to go on and explain yourself, the truth is I've also wondered if you still care for me or it's too late for me to make things work for us.."

Lucy shift her gaze to the floor..

"Cause the truth is, I also have feelings for you Natsu, I don't know how it started, but all I know is that I tried to deny and ignore it over and over again, but the more that I did those the more my feelings for you got deeper."

Natsu's eyes was filled with shock. He couldn't believe what he just heard. And with no fair warning, Natsu's arms reach out for Lucy and surrounded her in a embrace.