Chapter 2

“Kyaaaaah!”

The situation was dire. Screams echoed everywhere, the emergency evacuation alarm blared frantically, and misty tendrils sprouted into multiple creatures instantly, creating new victims without pause.

“If this continues, we’ll end up like them too!” Assistant Im yelled in panic. Mistburn was not something he could handle at his level. Moreover, it was…something that triggered his most painful trauma.

Swoosh!

“Huh? Assistant Professor, where are you going!?” Sooho was startled.

Assistant Professor Im, the only Hunter in this place, was fleeing! He narrowly dodged the Mistburn’s attacks and left the exhibition hall alone.

Should he go after him?

After a brief hesitation, Sooho moved in the opposite direction.

Clomp! He rushed to a corner of the exhibition hall and grabbed a fire extinguisher.

‘I don’t know if this will work, but…’
He couldn’t bear to leave the others behind and flee. So holding the fire extinguisher, he ran towards the swarm of Mistburn.

Shhh! White powder spurted out and covered the Mistburn.

[Guoooo!]

[Gwaaaa!]

Of course, the attack without magic power would not cause significant damage. But it was enough to suppress their firepower temporarily.

‘For now, it’s good enough.’

Relieved to confirm that the fire extinguisher was effective, Sooho continued to spray it on other Mistburn.

Shhh!

[Guoooo!]

[Gwaaaa!]

In the meantime, he looked around, and found a fallen friend and supported them.

“Are you okay?”

“Sob.”

Tears and a runny nose had smeared his friend’s face.

“Hey, snap out of it!” Sooho shook his friend’s body, but their eyes remained unfocused.

Slap, slap! He even slapped their cheeks to bring them back to their senses forcibly.

“Soo… Sooho?” His friend’s eyes slowly regained focus.

Sooho’s gaze flicked downwards.

‘Did you sprain your ankle?’

“Let’s get out of here for now.” Sooho swiftly carried his friend.

Thanks to the fire extinguisher, the movements of the Mistburn were temporarily weakened. There was no other chance to escape from here.

“Sob. What about Assistant Im?” the friend carried by Sooho asked with a choked voice.

All students of the Painting Department knew that Assistant Professor Im was a Hunter. And yet, amid this dire situation, he was nowhere to be seen.

“Didn’t he request support from the Hunter Association earlier?”

There was no need to mention what happened afterward.

‘They were already scared enough…’

A relieved sigh escaped from Sooho’s friend’s lips at Sooho’s words.

***

They exited the exhibition hall. However, it wasn’t over just by getting outside. In fact, the chaos outside was even worse.