Chapter 53

Humanoids.

Monsters.

There were many different names to refer to sly and vicious dwarf goblins, fierce hunter orcs, and savage giant ogres.

The World of Monstrous Humanoids, where all kinds of monstrous creatures fought each other, had existed since ancient times.

And the lowest of all in that world was…

Goblins.

Living in the lowest level of the ecosystem pyramid, they were the weakest of the weakest who had to constantly struggle to survive.

The birth of the King of Monstrous Humanoids from those weak goblins began with a tiny whim.

Cruel Monstrous Crocodile ‘Crocor’.

Crocor ‘Ammut’, who reigned at the top of that world, became interested in a young goblin he coincidentally met one day.
“Oh, look at this guy. His gaze is pleasing to me.”

“Krrhok!”

He was a young goblin who was born weak from birth. But that made him the most cunning who survived by biting the eyes and ears of his own kind more fiercely than anyone else. Even though he was covered in blood and still wanted to survive, the young goblin didn’t flinch in front of the strongest monster, Crocor.

No, even though his body was already trembling with fear, his gaze was still aimed with the intention of devouring Ammut.

That gaze stirred up a little mischief in Ammut’s mind.

The smallest and weakest goblin that survived the violent mayhem. What would happen if he taught this pitiful creature himself? How strong could he become?

‘… It could be interesting.’

In the end, Ammut decided not to kill the young goblin and took him in.

“From now on, I will call you Tarnak.”

“Krrhok?”

“Hehe. I’ll train your miserable body like a Crocor. Try to endure it.”

Ammut, who even gave him a name, picked up the small monster trembling with fear with one hand and took him to his nest.

And from that day on…

“Krrhok…!”

The young goblin, Tarnak, was raised by Ammut to become stronger through grueling training that nearly killed him.

But Ammut had no intention of letting go of his new toy, Tarnak.

‘If you die, so be it.’

The experiment started with a tiny whim, and Ammut relentlessly pushed Tarnak.

After some time passed, Tarnak, who was forced to undergo the experiment disguised as training, gradually grew stronger.

And finally.

“Krrhok!”

Born as a goblin, he succeeded in defeating an orc for the first time, which was a superior being. For the first time that day, Tarnak asked Ammut what this power he was learning was.

“What this is? Hmm.” Ammut also thought about the name for the first time that day. The name of the technique that enhances the feeble body of a goblin like a crocodile…

“The Art of the Iron Body.” With his characteristic cruel grin, Ammut decided on the spot and named it as such. “What you are learning is the Art of the Iron Body.”

The Art of the Iron Body…!

Tarnak engraved the name in his mind.

Even after that, Tarnak continued to be tortured in the name of learning the ‘Iron Body’. But he gradually became stronger and eventually became strong enough to defeat orcs, trolls, and ogres easily.