Chapter 40

‘I can’t give him time!’

Sooho immediately rushed at Secretary Kim.

The opponent was a B-class Hunter. He had to keep attacking without giving him a chance to recover from the shock.

‘Kidnapping people because of Stardust? How is that any different from demons!’

The effect of ‘Skill: Smash’ on his fist had already disappeared. In its place, Sooho held Rakan’s Fang and Vulcan’s Horn in his hands.

Shuaak!

“Wait, why are you attacking me…!?” Secretary Kim, whose legs were still weak, avoided Sooho’s attacks and stepped back. At the same time, he continued to try to talk to Sooho. “Wait! Stop attacking! I’m from the Fiend Guild!”

“…” However, Sooho remained silent and kept attacking him.

Secretary Kim didn’t know what to do and kept stepping back.

‘What the hell! What is this all about? Why is a demon attacking me? How did they find me here!?’
Numerous questions swirled in his mind.

For the past year, the Fiend Guild’s Vice Master Lee Minsung and the demons of the factory had been conducting a tight trade. Of course, there was hardly any direct interaction as the Hyena Guild was involved in between, but if he had revealed that he was from the Fiend Guild, shouldn’t Sooho have stopped attacking and at least tried to talk first!?

And Sooho succeeded. He had appeared with a crow mask precisely to create this confusion.

“I said I’m from the Fiend Guild…!”

Tak.

‘Oh no!’

As Secretary Kim took steps back, the wall eventually blocked his back. Desperately turning around, a transparent glass window appeared.

‘I need to get out of here first!’

Without hesitation, Secretary Kim threw himself out the window.

Crash! Secretary Kim broke through the window and escaped from the building.

‘Well, that worked out well.’

Sooho’s eyes lit up as he watched him go. Wielding his sword outside, where there was plenty of space, was easier than indoors.

Secretary Kim probably felt the same way. He must’ve thought the building could collapse if a B-rank Hunter used his strength properly.

‘Alright, let’s fight properly!’

Bang!

Sooho immediately followed Secretary Kim by jumping out the window.

And behind them…

“Oh…”

Min Byung-gyu was left standing there, unsure of what to do.

[Ahem.]

A small shadow approached him quietly at that moment. Awkwardly clearing his throat, Beru spoke to him.

[Don’t worry too much. My little king will take care of it…]

“Aaaah! A-a-a-ants!?”

[Kieek?]

As soon as he saw Beru, Min Byung-gyu passed out again, causing a commotion.

[It’s not fair. He’s even received my blessings…]

Beru was indignant.

***

Crash!

Citizens walking in the city suddenly heard a loud noise and looked up simultaneously. Then their eyes widened in surprise.