Chapter 11

Sooho looked around.

Miners frozen in fear, their bodies stiffened. Those people were the ones who had laughed and chatted while wielding pickaxes together just moments ago.

That old man was the one who had handed him water, saying that his young friend had been through a lot. And that man had also personally shown him how to wield a pickaxe.

“You want me to leave these people and run alone?”

[Little King, I don’t care about the lives of these humans. I have a mission.]

Beru said firmly.

Sooho’s life, as the son of the Shadow Monarch, was more precious to Beru than the lives of all the people living on Earth. His mission was to save Sooho somehow and ensure he returned safely, even if all the humans here died.

“I’m not just saying this out of a sense of justice.” Sooho glanced around. “All retreats are blocked anyway.”

Grrr.

Outside the dungeon, numerous wolves were camping along the exit path. They had no choice but to defeat the enemies to escape from there.
“And… it doesn’t seem like there’s another way.” Sooho looked at Kim Yongjoon, who was leading the pack of wolves, and chuckled faintly.

Upon seeing that, Beru suddenly felt a strange sensation. The image of Sung Jinwoo from long ago overlapped with Sooho, whom he had thought was still vulnerable.

***

The ‘specter’ of the Beast Monarch felt a sense of contempt. After waking up from a long slumber, it could only see insignificant humans, and its master was nowhere to be found.

‘How amusing. They’re like weak, pathetic vermins.’

It had only released a small amount of his power, yet they were trembling in fear.

‘Oh, how pitiful these insignificant creatures are.’

Well then, it should devour them. In this world, the logic was that the weak were eaten, and the strong took everything.

Slurp. Kim Yongjoon, controlled by the specter, salivated as he looked at the pathetic humans.

“You worthless vermins don’t deserve to live. You would be much more valuable to become food for the wolves.”

At that moment, Kim Yongjoon’s hand moved, and as the main body of the specter, he swung the sword toward the humans. “Die.”

Schwack!

But his intentions were not realized.

Suddenly, a Shadow Goblin leaped in between and took the blow instead.

[Krrhok!]

The look on the goblin’s face, as its body was split in half, looked unfairly indignant, as if it was not sacrificing itself willingly.

“… What’s with you lot?” The specter looked at the goblins blocking his way with a puzzled expression.

[Krrhok, krrhok!]

These contemptible creatures were bravely challenging him.

“They don’t recognize the strong. Even if they are monsters, they should have that survival instinct.”

Slash! He swung his sword mercilessly and cut down the goblins again, but something was amiss.

The bodies of the fallen goblins were instantly restored, and they rose to their feet again.

[Krrhok!]

“Huh?”

The relentless attack annoyed the specter. Then his pack of wolves rushed in and tore the goblins’ bodies apart mercilessly.