Chapter 3

Erosion is a phenomenon where blue fog emanates from a gate and contaminates the surrounding area. Areas contaminated by the magic of another world transform into favorable environments for monsters to live in. If the area beyond the gate is called a ‘dungeon’, the contaminated area around the gate is called a ‘field-type dungeon.’

Once contaminated, the place was no different from a dungeon, so considering that, the Korea University Museum of Art was no different from a land of death.

“Well, that student…” a Hunter trailed off.

But anyone could guess the rest of his sentence.

***

Meanwhile, Sooho…

[Level up!]

‘This… Is this for real?’

Unbelievable things were happening.

Letters floating in the air.
The level-up system that could only be seen in dreams long ago had appeared in reality.

‘Oh my. Could this be another dream?’

No. This time, it was definitely not a dream! The vivid sense of reality brushing against his skin proved that fact.

Moreover, as soon as the level-up message appeared, all the accumulated fatigue disappeared instantly. Even the minor burns caused by the mist were completely healed.

But what is this?

[You have met all the requirements to complete ‘Secret Quest: Courage of the Weak’.]

[You have unread messages.]

The level-up system he had experienced in his dream simply marked the level, and there was no separate message like this.

It felt more official.

When Sooho looked at the messages, the message box automatically expanded.

[You have two unread messages.]

[Welcome to becoming a ‘Player’ in real life.] (Unread)

[A quest has been activated.] (Unread)

‘Player…in real life?’

He checked the first message first.

[Secret Quest: Courage of the Weak]

You have proved your qualifications by gaining experience points in a non-awakening state.

You have awakened from level 0 to level 1, and now you can check your status window.

[Information]

This system supports the growth of ‘Player’.

This time it is not ‘Tutorial Mode’. Please be mindful that you only have one life in reality.

‘Tutorial mode? Could it be referring to that dream?’

Sooho instinctively realized that his dreams during his adolescence were all practice games, and this was the actual game. Moreover, additional features not supported in the tutorial mode were now added.

For example, the ‘status window’.

[Status Window]

Name: Sung Sooho

Level: 1

Job: None

Title: None

HP: 100/100

MP: 10/10

[Stats]

Strength: 10 Stamina: 10

Dexterity: 10 Intelligence: 10