Chapter 44

Sooho reached out toward the area near Kwak Dooyoung’s heart, where the light emanated.

Ding!

[You have discovered ‘Rune Stone: Giant’s Armor’. Would you like to acquire it?]

‘A Rune Stone?’

It seemed like the skill that Kwak Do-young used had turned into a Rune Stone. This was another first for Sooho.

Although he had killed several villains today, this kind of thing only happened with Kwak Dooyoung.

‘Confirm.’

[Rune Stone: Giant’s Armor]

When you break the rune stone, the skill will be absorbed.

‘Giant’s Armor, huh?’
It was the skill that had just enlarged Kwak Dooyoung’s body.

Considering the value of the Rune Stones, selling this Rune Stone would earn at least billions.

‘But it would be a waste to sell it.’

He could make money later. Right now, becoming stronger is more important than money.

Moreover, he had only been an E-rank Hunter until now, so his earnings were not that great. But, just today, he had been reissued a C-rank Hunter’s license. Considering the difference in the value between E-rank and C-rank, selling the Rune Stone for money would be foolish.

“Excuse me… Mr. Crow?”

Suddenly, there was a voice calling out to Sooho from behind. The Hunter Association members who had escaped the prison were approaching, looking nervous.

“A-are you okay?”

Their expressions were mixed with fear as they looked at Sooho.

It was no wonder, as Sooho had single-handedly defeated more than 50 members of the Fiend Guild and even killed B-rank Tank Kwak Dooyoung with his pure strength. Witnessing that ferocious battle right before them, they couldn’t help but worry. Although Sooho helped them, there was no reason to be sure they were on the same side.

“Don’t worry, I have no intention of hostility. Just arrest those people, okay?”

“Ah.”

“Ahem.”

The Association Hunters turned their heads in embarrassment.

Sooho first put the Rune Stone in his pocket and released the divine state. In that state, his mana decreased by one per second. That’s why he had taken out mana potions during the fight.

[‘Divinity’ is canceled.]

Swoosh!

The divine wind that was swirling around Sooho’s body calmed down, and his hair, which had been turned silver, turned black again.

And, poof!

“Growl!”

[The spirit of ’Pet: Gray’ leaves the shaman’s body.]

From Sooho’s body, a small puppy—no, a wolf cub, jumped out. Seeing this, the Association Hunters trembled in fear.

Spitting out a wolf from his body all of a sudden!

“As expected…”

“Beast King…”

“The King of Beasts…”

Grr?

Gray, who had landed on the ground, had a perplexed expression. People were looking up at him (?).