Chapter 4

“…!”

Sooho was greatly shocked. The black magic beast that suddenly appeared was wrapped in jet-black exoskeleton-like armor, emitting black steam from its entire body. Its form was that of a giant ant with wings. The incessantly flickering black smoke all over its body seemed like shadows wavering in the light.

As soon as Sooho saw its appearance, some memories flashed through his mind.

‘Could it be the one I saw in my dream…?’

He was sure that he knew this beast. The leader of those countless, fearsome ant monsters that appeared in his dreams long ago looked exactly like this…!

But why was this happening?

The ant monster suddenly approached Sooho and knelt down on one knee.

[My little king! I, Beru, have come! Please rest assured now!]

“… What?” Sooho’s eyes widened in surprise.

No, what kind of situation is this?
Even though it was kneeling down, its size was still big enough that he had to look up.

But then…

Thud.

Before Sooho could respond, the demeanor of the black magic beast suddenly changed. It noticed Sooho’s battered, pitiful state after being attacked by the giant wolf.

At that moment, the black magic beast erupted with a storm-like aura, lifting its head high.

[How dare this dog-like vermin dare to bite into your noble body?! I shall tear its jaws apart!]

And then, a horrifying roar erupted from its mouth, shaking the entire building.

[Kieeeeek-!]

Then…

The world turned into hell.

Kukukukuku!

[Grrr…!]

A dreadful aura enveloped its entire body as the giant wolf that the black magic beast had pinned down suddenly gathered strength and lifted its head. And then, it bit into the leg of the black magic beast with a snap.

Thud.

But the black magic beast looked down at the struggling figure below with disdain.

[How dare this vermin crawl up here!]

In an instant, black steam boiled up.

The black magic beast swiftly kicked away the giant wolf with blinding speed, then charged forward and slammed into its body.

Bang!

[Ack!]

The giant wolf was sent flying backward with a scream, unable to resist. But the black magic beast was even faster, overtaking it once again and slamming the massive beast onto the ground with even greater force.

Crunch! The black magic beast grabbed the wolf’s two legs with both hands and, snap! The body was torn apart in opposite directions.

[Grrr…!]

Terrifying screams echoed as black blood splattered in all directions.

This was no longer a battle. It was a one-sided massacre. The brutality of a predator.

[Kieeek-!]

The overwhelmingly dominant predator trampled on the wolf’s corpse, letting out another insane roar.

The brutal aura froze the bodies of the Hunters who had entered the first floor of the art museum.

“Wh-what is this aura!?”