Chapter 35

The relentless attack resulted in constant assault without rest.

[‘Effect: Deadly Strike’ is activated.]

Rakan’s Fang’s special effect to deal more than double damage with a 15% chance was triggered.

That was just the beginning.

Clang, clang, clang, clang, clang!

[‘Effect: Deadly Strike’ is activated.]

… …

As the number of Sooho’s attacks accumulated, critical hits continued to occur.

Crack! Finally, unable to withstand the force, one of Arachne’s leg joints broke.
“Kwaaaaaaa!” Arachne screamed and staggered.

Sooho did not miss that opportunity.

Thwack! He stepped on the broken leg and leaped onto the creature’s back. Then, holding two swords in a reverse grip, he stabbed them into the creature’s tough shell—more precisely, into the joint visible between the shell plates.

Crunch!

Green blood sprayed out, and a scream burst forth.

“Kwaaaaa!”

Thump! Thump, thump! Arachne thrashed roughly, slamming into the walls in an attempt to throw Sooho off its body. But the more it struggled, the more Sooho clung to its back, persistently driving his swords deeper.

Then…

“Kkieeek!”

[Tomb Spider Arachne uses ‘Skill: Puppet Show’.]

Swoosh!

‘Behind!’

Instinctively, Sooho flipped his body and jumped high. A sharp attack sliced through the space where he had been standing.

Splosh!

As he landed on Arachne’s back again, he turned his head to see who the attackers were.

“I-I’m sorry!”

“My body is out of control…!”

Hunters whose arms and legs were entangled in spiderwebs were now attacking Sooho.

‘A puppet master, huh.’

The bodies of the people hanging on the walls and ceiling were forcibly controlled by the spiderwebs, floating in the air like zombies, their movements grotesque like zombies.

“Beru!” Sooho shouted as he swung back and forth, clinging to Arachne’s back.

Then Beru revealed himself nonchalantly.

[Yes, did you call for me?]

What more needed to be said?

Beru had been holding back from the battle, fearing that he might steal Sooho’s experience points. On the other hand, there was no reason for him not to participate in the battle as long as he didn’t take away Sooho’s experience points.

Beru turned his head and fiercely barked at the Hunters attacking Sooho.

[How dare these vermins interfere with our little king’s great crusade!]

Chachachachack!

[Kieeeeeek!]

Beru’s claws scratched the Hunters at incredible speed.