Chapter 10

“Who dares covet the sword of the Beast Monarch?”

“Yongjoon? What are you talking about all of a sudden?”

As he held onto the sword handle, strange words flowed out of Kim Yongjoon’s mouth. The leader, who was trying to stop him, suddenly felt a sense of unease.

Swoosh. At that moment, the sword was pulled out by Kim Yongjoon’s hand. “Who dares covet the sword of the Beast Monarch?” Kim Yongjoon’s eyes were stained red as he repeated the same words.

“Yo, Yongjoon? Are you okay…?”

Slash! The leader’s throat was cut at that moment. Blood sprayed out like a fountain.

“…!”

It felt like time had stopped briefly, and an eerie silence fell over the scene.

And then…

“What, what’s going on-!?”
“Ahh! Leader!”

The Hunters who were behind rushed forward, shocked and startled.

“Yo, Yongjoon! Why are you…?!”

Slash! Another person’s head rolled off.

“Yongjoon!”

Finally, they realized. Kim Yongjoon, shedding tears of blood, was rampaging. His sword was directed towards them.

“Who dares covet the sword of the Beast Monarch?” Amidst the surreal downpour of blood and tears, Kim Yongjoon laughed wickedly.

Krrurung! Eerie wolf howls echoed and spread from the center of the ruins.

***

Shivers.

Beru’s gaze changed instantly, and he turned his head to stare piercingly into the darkness of the dungeon.

[… What is it?]

“What’s the matter?”

Upon Sooho’s question, Beru opened his mouth while keeping his gaze fixed.

[I suddenly sensed the presence of a Monarch.]

“Could it be Father?”

[No. Originally, there was not just one Monarch-class existence in this universe.]

Beru explained. Initially, there was not only Shadow Monarch but also several other Monarchs in this universe. However, they had invaded Earth, the world where the Monarch of Shadows Sung Jinwoo lived, and eventually met their destruction at his hands.

“Then it’s definitely not Father, huh?”

[If it were, my power would have been instantly replenished. But my mana is still the same, and this energy… I am familiar with it as well.]

At that moment.

Awoo-oo-oo!

The howling of a wolf echoed from somewhere. And then, the fierce roars of wild beasts could be heard simultaneously from all directions.

Awoooo!

Gyaoooo!

“Wh-what?”

“What’s going on all of a sudden?”

The miners paled, looking around anxiously.

– Aaah!

Suddenly, screams were heard. It was the voices of the people who were mining deeper in.

– Euaaah! S-someone, save me…!

The screams were getting louder and closer by the moment.

And then.