Chapter 63 - PURPLE ✴

A.N

Hiii guys, I skipped posting last friday so here is a little chapter to make up for it. I'll try to keep on posting on schedule as much as possible but I'm really not sure I'm going to succeed.

Anyway

⚠ SEXUAL CONTENT WARNING ( I marked the start and the end with 〰⋅〰⋅〰⋅〰⋅〰 for those who want to skip it.)

Enjoy,

Byee, M

-----------

... DECEMBER ...

Renee's POV

"Renee ?" My eyes widened in shock as I recognized who I had in front of me.

"Maddison ?" I managed to stammer out.

In front of me stood Maddison, Maxines's roommate from London. She smiles at me, her eyes reflecting her always joyful personality.

"What are you doing here ?" I ask, still not fully realizing.

"Well, I was planning on coming after you guys accident, when Max was in the hospital, but I couldn't because my boss didn't want to give me days off and I couldn't risk getting fired"

Maddison is a private chef in London and her boss is the worst. Like, she is acting as a diva when she's clearly not one.

"But when I learned that you were doing a listening party I jumped on the occasion and called Bella to plan a surprise. I would call you but I really didn't want Max to know, so it was safer going through Bella."

I nodded, processing everything.

"And here I am" Maddison added, seeing my silence.

"Anyway ... It's really good seeing you buy I'll go say hi to Bella and Alexander, I think I saw them right there" She continued, I feel bad for not responding but I think I'm actually incapable of it. I wasn't expecting her at all. Actually I don't know what I was expecting, but not her ...

Maddison looked between Max and I before pretending to check the crowd. Luckily for her, Alexander and Bella were talking with Towa at a table nearby. She pointed to them, and left, leaving us alone. I stood there still in shock, while Max clearly seemed amused by my behavior.

"You okay there?" Max asked, her smile widening.

"Yeah Yeah I'm fine" I trailed off, rubbing the back of my neck.

I felt kind of bad for assuming Maxine would ever let someone — other than a close friend — flirt or interact with her like that.

"What going on ? You seem mad when you got near us" Max pressed.

"No, no nothing" I insisted, I can't let her see how jealous I can be.

"Were you jealous ?" she asked, a teasing note piercing in her tone.

"No" I replied, a bit too quickly.

"Renee ?" Max tilted her head, giving me a knowing look. I'm busted, I know it.

"I'm not" I insisted , avoiding her eyes.

Max chuckled softly and stepped closer. "You totally were ! But you know it's kind of cute when you get all defensive."

I scoffed, crossing my arms. Max's smile widened and slowly transformed into a mischievous smirk . "It's okay, though. I like that you care so much."