Present Time

From Estarossa she had learned not all demons were these blood thirsty monsters they were molded to be that way.

In a time of war anybody and everything would be molded into someone who could take a life without a problem.

It can be seen as heartless but it's kill or be killed nobody had much of a choice in the matter.

Elizabeth was sure that the demon princes had it the worst being the closest to the demon king. Elizabeth's mother, the supreme deity didn't really care about what her daughter does if she's not on the front lines.

She mostly neglects Elizabeth and never really talks to Elizabeth unless for political purposes, Which Elizabeth has no interest whatsoever with.

That is what the Holy War is about, blood shed and war it's in the name, War.

Meliodas was reminiscing on the days he was the leader of the Ten Commandments. Before he met Merlin.

Everything was already bad before he met Merlin but when he met Merlin everything went completely downhill.

His father had made him kill and slaughter the entire vampire clan. Meliodas had spared one vampire from his knowledge which he has sealed her away. It was a woman that his brother, Zeldris fell in love with.

People thought that Meliodas didn't have a heart but he had always had a soft spot for his brothers even if it didn't seem like it.
It was already morning and the Sins started to gather things to cook and eat as well as supplies to rebuild the boar hat.

Meliodas had woke up later than usual which wasn't like him at all.
He would usually be in a good mood jumping around everywhere but he woke up quietly sitting up and placing his hands together placing them over his face.

Elizabeth was next to Meliodas, she was boiling some eggs over the fire they had kept going over night. She knew that look. Her father had always had that look on his face especially in his study.

He had always cupped his hands around his face like that when he was stressed but she never thought he would see that on Meliodas. He always seemed so carefree.

He mentioned Holy War and the earthquake seemed to be a sign of this. The holy war happened 3000 years ago and was devastating to both sides. Nobody really won the war it was just on standby or a pause. A war when everything was just going back to normal was something nobody wanted. Well from what Elizabeth could tell anyways.

The sins fought so hard to keep peace in Liones she doesn't see why they would want war. Though she was wary of some of the sins for their sketchy behavior such as Gowther and sometimes Merlin.

Merlin seemed nice but there was something mysterious about her that screamed danger.
A similar feeling to Meliodas whenever Meliodas had that black inky substance spread across his face though Meliodas felt more intense.

Elizabeth finished boiling the eggs and let them sit on a platter next to the fire. She let them cook down to wait for her to be able to crack them later and went onto cooking the next item and removing the boiling water from the fire. Elizabeth looked at Meliodas who was seemingly to be in a trance.

"Sir Meliodas?" Elizabeth asked looking at Meliodas. He flinched and looked up at Elizabeth. A small smile came across his face. "Yes Elizabeth?" He asked softly. "Are you okay?" She asked looking at Meliodas.

She didn't think she could do much to help Meliodas but be there for him. "I just feel like the past is repeating it's self." He stated his voice sounded frustrated and so done with life, it sounded like he was gonna cry.

Elizabeth looked over her shoulder and saw Diane getting wood and piling it next to where they had made their camp. "Do you wanna go to the market?" Elizabeth asked. She smiled slightly.

Meliodas stood up and his smile widened a little more. "Sure, let's go."