The Market

Elizabeth and Meliodas had made it into the market to collect fresh food and goods to gather for the group. Meliodas wasn't particularly good at cooking but he knew how to gather ingredients even if he didn't know how to assemble them.

Elizabeth and Meliodas picked out treats, vegetables and spices for their quest. Elizabeth all of a sudden stopped in her tracks as she came to a sudden realization. 'Where's Gowther and Merlin?' She thought. She hasn't seen them in a while and she knew that they weren't there last night that was for sure and the others can vouche for that.

"What's wrong?" Meliodas asked looking up at Elizabeth. "I-it's nothing Sir Meliodas." She said. "But do you know where Merlin and Gowther are?" She added.

Meliodas scowled. If anything they are probably helping the demon clan escape for some stupid selfish reason. Meliodas thought. He clenched his fist. He hadn't felt so much resentment for another person this much for a while.

He had felt like he had to kill everything and anything in his way to protect which was his. Meliodas took a deep breath and tried to smile trying to dispel those dark thoughts.

"Do we have everything?" He asked Elizabeth. She nodded in confirmation as they began to held back to their camp. "You know you can go back to your Castle in Lioness." Meliodas stated. Elizabeth hummed.

"Yes but you've helped everyone so much and I felt like I haven't done too much to help... so I wanna help you and the other sins!" She exclaimed and smiled brightly.

Meliodas looked down. Perhaps it was a good idea to keep her close in order to protect her from the demon clan. Or maybe this is what will get her killed.
Either way if she didn't find a fix to their problem Elizabeth will die, again, and Meliodas doesn't think he will have the mental strength to watch her die again.