Chapter 11: And So We Dance...

3rd Person POV:

Connor and Grace had wrapped up their shift at Med earlier than usual, a rare treat that left them with an entire afternoon to themselves. Deciding to spend the day together, they headed over to Connor's place, eager for some quality time away from the hospital's chaos. The sleek, modern apartment welcomed them with its familiar black, white, and blue decor, and they quickly settled into the comfort of being together.

As they prepared lunch, the aroma of sautéed vegetables and grilled chicken filled the kitchen. Grace was in the midst of slicing some bread when Connor, flipping through the day's mail, suddenly paused, his eyes catching on an elegantly embossed envelope. He pulled it out, curiously examining the invitation inside.

"Hey, Grace," he called out, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "We've got an invitation to a charity event tonight. It's for a really good cause, and I can bring a plus one. What do you say? Fancy getting dressed up and making a night of it?"

Grace turned to him, her face lighting up with excitement. "I'd love to! It sounds like fun," she replied, her mind already buzzing with the thought of a glamorous evening out.

Connor grinned, setting the invitation aside. "Great. I'll make a few calls and get everything sorted."

After lunch, Connor dialed one of his close friends, Dante—a renowned stylist who had dressed some of the city's elite. Dante was more than happy to help Grace get ready for the event, and he promised to be at Connor's place within the hour.

As Connor left to pick up his suit from the dry cleaners, he kissed Grace on the cheek. "I'll be back soon. Dante should be here any minute," he said with a wink.

True to his word, Dante arrived shortly after Connor left, his arms laden with garment bags, makeup kits, and accessories. He was a whirlwind of energy and enthusiasm, instantly making Grace feel at ease. "Alright, darling," Dante said, clapping his hands together. "Let's make you the belle of the ball tonight."

They worked together in Connor's spacious bedroom, with Dante meticulously selecting the perfect dress for the occasion. After going through a few options, they settled on a stunning ivory green sparkly dress that seemed made for Grace. The dress hugged her curves in all the right places, sleeveless with a neckline that accentuated her figure, and a daring slit that reached up to her thigh, exuding elegance and allure.

As Grace stepped into the dress, she felt a surge of confidence. The material shimmered under the light, and the fit was flawless. Dante helped her into a pair of dark green heels that complemented the dress perfectly. Finally, he styled her hair into loose curls that cascaded down her back, framing her face with effortless beauty.

When Connor returned home, dressed in a sharp black suit and a deep royal green tie, he walked into the room, his breath catching in his throat at the sight before him. Grace was a vision, standing there in her glamorous dress, looking every bit the goddess. His heart skipped a beat, and he felt a wave of desire wash over him.

"Grace... you look absolutely stunning," he managed to say, his voice thick with admiration. He couldn't tear his eyes away from her, completely captivated by how gorgeous she looked. "I don't know how I'm going to keep my hands off you tonight," he added with a playful smirk.

Grace blushed under his intense gaze, feeling her own heart race. "You clean up pretty well yourself, Dr. Rhodes," she teased, stepping closer to him.

Connor turned to Dante, who was beaming with pride at his handiwork. "Thank you, Dante. You've outdone yourself," Connor said, shaking his friend's hand.

"It was my pleasure," Dante replied with a wink. "You two are going to be the talk of the event."

Connor gently took Grace's hand, leading her out of the apartment and down to the waiting car. He had rented out a sleek, black Mercedes Benz for the evening, wanting everything to be perfect. As they drove to the event, the anticipation built between them, each stolen glance and soft touch heightening the excitement.