Chapter 18: And Yet It Won't Change...

3rd Person POV:

The morning light gently filtered through the curtains, casting a soft glow across Connor's bedroom. The air was calm and serene, the only sounds being the rhythmic breathing of Grace, who was nestled comfortably against him, and the soft snoring of Milo at the foot of the bed. Connor blinked awake, a slow smile spreading across his face as he took in the peaceful sight beside him. Grace's hair was tousled, falling messily over her face, and her lips were slightly parted in sleep. She looked so content, so at ease, that Connor couldn't help but feel his heart swell with affection.

Careful not to disturb her, he shifted slightly, leaning down to press a tender kiss to the top of her head. She stirred just a bit, her face scrunching up adorably before settling back into sleep. Connor chuckled softly, his breath warm against her skin as he began peppering soft kisses along the curve of her neck and down the expanse of her bare back. He could feel her shiver slightly under his touch, a sleepy smile tugging at her lips.

"Good morning, beautiful," Connor whispered against her skin, his voice low and filled with warmth.

Grace hummed in response, her eyes fluttering open as she stretched lazily. "Mmm, good morning," she mumbled, her voice still heavy with sleep. She turned her head slightly to meet his gaze, a sleepy but loving smile on her face. "You're up early."

"Couldn't help it," he replied, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Waking up next to you like this... it's hard not to feel like the luckiest guy in the world."

Grace's cheeks flushed with a rosy tint as she turned onto her back, looking up at him with a soft gaze. "You always know how to make me feel special," she murmured, reaching up to cup his cheek. "But you're the lucky one, huh? I think I'm the one who hit the jackpot."

Connor grinned, leaning down to capture her lips in a slow, sweet kiss. "Well, how about we agree that we're both pretty lucky, then?" he teased, pulling back just enough to speak.

Grace laughed, a sound that filled the room with warmth. "Deal."

They lay there for a few more minutes, enjoying the quiet intimacy of the morning. Connor's fingers traced light patterns on her skin, and Grace's hand played with the hair at the nape of his neck. It was moments like this that Connor cherished the most—the simple, unhurried time they could spend together, just being with each other.

"What do you want to do today?" Connor asked, his voice soft as he kissed her forehead.

Grace thought for a moment, her eyes drifting towards the window. "How about we just stay in? We can make breakfast together, watch some movies, maybe even go for a walk later if we feel like it. Just a lazy day, the two of us."

Connor's smile widened. "That sounds perfect," he agreed, kissing her again, this time with a bit more passion.

Grace giggled, playfully pushing him back. "Alright, alright, Mr. Rhodes," she teased. "Let's start with breakfast, shall we? Before we get too... distracted."

Connor laughed, reluctantly pulling away to sit up. "Okay, but just so you know, I fully plan on distracting you later," he said with a wink.

Grace rolled her eyes, a grin on her face as she sat up as well, wrapping the blanket around herself. "I'm counting on it."

They finally got out of bed, both of them still wrapped in the warmth of their shared morning. As they moved around the kitchen, cooking breakfast together, there was a lightness in the air, a sense of contentment that neither of them wanted to let go of.

As they sat down to eat, Milo trotted over, sitting by Grace's feet with his tail wagging. She smiled down at him, scratching behind his ears before looking back at Connor, who was watching her with that same adoring expression.