- TWELVE -

When the alarm started ringing, Domenico was already awake, staring at the ceiling. His body was against the comfortable mattress as he sighed with his arms open. His mind was on a girl on the other side of the UK that was currently looking outside the window at the sky with a pencil between her fingers. He checked his phone and decided to have a shower and get ready for his night out with Damon.

While Domenico was enjoying his shower, Damon was having a private conversation with James. The hitman was sitting down with his arms crossed against his chest, puffing again and again in anger and anxiety. His friend was walking around the room with his hands in the air, trying to explain the situation to his mate.

"James, I need Deetra by my side at that stupid meeting -"

"Why can't I come along!?"

Damon rubbed his face, mad with James' reactions. He pointed his hands towards him, speaking as quietly as he could.

"Well, do you want to represent yourself as a bodyguard?"

"I don't care as long as I'm around Deetra."

The drug baron rolled his eyes and sat beside his friend. James was more overprotective over Deetra than her own brother ever would be.

"Fine, but there are some rules you must follow."

"Go on."

"You keep your mouth closed and control your anger. I mean it. If you cause any problems, the consequences will be big for me and even bigger for you."

"O...kay?"

"If anyone asks you for who you work, you'll say for Smiley.... And... the most important out of all...."

Damon raised his index finger in the air, James focused on him, and nodded.

"Deetra is gonna receive a lot of compliments and... insults. You'll see men all around her trying to take her by their side or make their lame excuse of a son marry her. You'll just sit and do nothing- Deetra will take care of them; she has done it a billion times."

James rolled his head backwards and groaned. He looked at Damon and sighed.

"I'll try my... best to hold back my nerves and not cause a scene."

"Then you can come along. Also, you won't be around Deetra or me all the time, just so you know."

"Fine, fine! I'll be the best "bodyguard" you ever had, dude...!"

James laughed with a wide smile and hugged his mate. Damon sighed softly and pulled away; his friend looked at him, confused.

"Sorry, I am not really... good with hugs."

"Oh... Um...."

James looked down and then back at Damon before patting his shoulder gently with his palm.

"How was the shopping with the kid?"

The kingpin tried to change the topic, James leaned back and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Well, he has a bitter dislike for his... father. He wasn't a prick, though."

"Lazaro was buddies with Jason; what were you waiting for?"

Damon received some laughter from James; he tried to hide it but couldn't.

"It's true, I guess... So you'll take him out, hu?"

"Mhm! I don't want him locked in the mansion as long as he's here. Something tells me he wasn't really... social in Italy."

A knock on the door interrupted them. They both turned their heads and glared at it as it opened; Deetra stepped inside.