- SIX -

Deetra was screaming at the top of her lungs; she was in danger all the time without knowing it. Damon hid from her something significant; she felt betrayed by her own blood. He tried to take a step closer to her, he raised his hand, wanting to touch her, but she stepped back sad. James stood up, still confused, wanting to hug his girlfriend, but Deetra continued walking away from the two men. She looked scared, in need of some personal space. She ran to her bedroom, Damon followed her with quick movements. James was behind him when he turned, clenching his teeth. "I have to talk to her, James, not you," James sighed, listening to his friend's words, and nodded, returning to the living room.

Damon was standing outside his sister's room now, his hands into fists as he knocked on the door. His sibling didn't answer back; he could hear her cries and sobs. "Leave me alone, Damon," she yelled loudly, but Damon ignored her and opened the door.

The papers were on the armchair in the corner of the room. He glanced at them and then at Deetra, who was in her bed with her head against the pillow. Damon couldn't stand seeing his sister in pain; he sat beside her with his fingers through her hair. She turned around and watched him closely, the mascara was messed up, and her amber eyes were shining with the sun's light against them. He gulped and moved his fingers down her cheeks and chin; her sadness was reflecting on Damon's eyes.

"Why you didn't tell me!? I had every right to know about it, Damon!"

She looked away, sobbing as he glared down. Her brother opened his mouth hesitatingly; the words were barely getting out.

"You're right for one more time, Deetra. I should have said the truth to you and not hide something that serious... I am sorry but... I really hope I protected you...."

Deetra's eyes were on her brother's silhouette; he was biting his bottom from the inside. He didn't know what to say or do; he just stayed silent.

Deetra's body was against her brother now, hugging him with all her force, still in tears. Damon held her back, playing with her hair.

Damon wasn't the best brother in the world. He cared for Deetra and would put his life in danger for her if it meant she'd be safe. Damon never talked to Deetra about the men not wanting to make her hate this life more. She already wanted to run away from London and hide from everyone's eyes because of her family background. Deetra hated this life more than Jason; she hated the constant adrenaline and fear. She didn't want to live between these walls for the rest of her life.

Damon couldn't worry his sister more, so he took care of everything. He was only eighteen, but he was capable of more. Of course, no one believed him. After Selena's death, no one was by his side when he had to rule and give orders. It took him so much time to become independent and understand the whole drug dealing thing.

Once, a man snicked into the mansion. It was a great evening; Deetra would leave the next day and go to Cambridge as she was accepted to Harvard University. Damon was so proud of her and couldn't keep his eyes off her; she was smiling all day, excited with her accomplishment.

When he snicked in, Deetra was fast asleep in her bedroom. Luckily, the security found him before he managed to get to her. It was a young man, around twenty. He was the son of a big gangster that was really known in Italy.

The boy wanted to drug Damon's sister with the chloroform, which he was hiding in his pants pocket. Then, he would rape her until he was sure she was pregnant. When Deetra would find out she was having a kid, he would ask for her hand in marriage. He thought Deetra wouldn't say to her brother about the pregnancy or try to abort it but that she would accept him as her husband, just to hide her strange pregnancy from Damon.