- TWENTY-TWO -

A couple days later, Domenico still looked mad towards Damon. He would ignore him wherever he could and only listen to Deetra. Damon disliked it, but there was nothing he could do. Domenico always acted so childishly for a nineteen years old boy. Now, after everything that happened with Monica, he would barely follow him around and help him. The drug baron knew that Lazaro wouldn't be pleased with his son's behaviour, but there was nothing he could do.

"Domenico, can we talk?"

Damon leaned against the couch, seeing his cousin walking by, wanting to go to the kitchen. Domenico sighed and rolled his eyes but decided to give Damon some of his time. He pushed his headphones down his neck and left them hanging there before crossing his arms, wanting to appear angry. The kingpin decided to not complain about his attitude and just let him be.

"Talk about what, Damon?"

"Your behaviour and your attitude towards me after what happened with... Monica."

Domenico growled and put his headphones back. He was ready to tap on the play button, but Damon stopped him with an awkward laugh.

"Domenico, please! We're cousins; we shouldn't fight for girls! I had nothing personal with Monica; it just happened that her dad was once a threat!"

"I know...."

"This is how our lives are, always around danger. It's just how are families work -"

"I don't like it, though."

Damon glared at Domenico, who sighed again and pressed the play button.

"I don't hate you, Damon. I hate no one. I just don't like my life and all this dangerous crap. I just want friends and a happy, safe life."

The man looked at him and then at the floor. He didn't know what to say to him; Damon could understand him. Damon had lost his best years to his father's business while taking care of his sick mother. Now, he has to act like he's pleased with his life and push Domenico into accepting this kind of lifestyle and cherish it.

"You have to accept it -"

"I won't accept this shit just because you had to! I want to be free!"

He put his iPhone into the pocket of his jeans with a groan. The kingpin decided not to push him more and just let him enjoy his alone time. Domenico pushed him aside mad and returned to his bedroom before closing the door behind with force.

"Good job, Damon."

Deetra clapped slowly, having seen their discussion. Damon sat back, distressed. Soon, his sister took a seat beside him before crossing her arms close to her chest.

"I don't know what I'll do with that kiddo. Lazaro will be outraged when he faces the same old Domenico."

"Not our problem, though, right?"

Deetra smiled in awkwardness as Damon glared at her thoughtfully. Soon, her smile was nowhere to be found, and anxiety took over her face.

"Not our... problem... right, Damon?"

"You know that Lazaro will continue letting him stay in London till he changes his views, and Domenico will just take advantage of it."

Deetra leaned back, groaning before rubbing her face gently. She liked her cousin but having him all day around wasn't the best.

"Can't he pretend that he likes it or something?"

"Do you think he'll accept this proposal, Deetra?"

Damon answered back, but his sibling said nothing in return. Deetra stood up and fixed her dress.