15. Dont be stupid

Reece knocked on Mias door. She opened the door and looked at Reece, anger plaster on his face. "What are you playing at. Charlotte is in pieces because of you and that bruise on her arm!" He raised his voice. Mia rolled her eyes. "That wasn't actually meant to be for her, i was about to hit the wall, and she tried to stop me, but it went wrong," she told him. "She was hinting that it had happened before Mia. I won't let her be hurt by you! This little tantrum of yours needs to stop. She's staying with us where she is safe till you can go back to the loving mia that you were!" He tells her sternly, Mia has nothing more to say.

Reece storms back out and shuts the front door behind himself. Just as he left, Carly slowly came downstairs. "Mia, am I causing problems for you and Char?" she asked quietly while looking at Mia. "Of course not Carly, everything is all okay. You don't need to worry," she whispered before walking over to Carly and wrapping her arms around the young girl.

Back at Marjories, Reece had just gotten through the front door. He was full of anger, his body shaking. Marjorie watched as he walked in. "Come here," she whispered to him. He sat down next to her and wrapped her arms around his tense body. "Baby, i love you," Marjorie whispered before kissing his cheek. "Love you too," he said quietly, anger clear in his tone. "Reece," Autumn said. Getting his attention, he looked over, and they gave each other a series of different looks across the room. "Marjorie, she's staying here," Reece whispered to her, sounding a little more relaxed.

"I will never understand you two and how you can have a whole conversation like that," Marjorie giggled slightly. "Clodagh, Sorscha, are you two okay?" Winter asked as he glanced over at the couple. "Yeah, just thinking," they said in unison before giggling slightly. Winter smiled at them. Just then, Charlotte started to stir, going tense in her sleep, trying to get away from Autumn. She relaxed her arms slightly but not enough that Charlotte would fall. "Leave me alone..." she mumbled in her sleep. "...Mia go away... just don't hurt me, " Charlotte continued mumbling while fighting against Autumn. "It's okay." Autumn tried to soothe her, but it didn't work. "Winter, can you?" Autumn whispered quietly. He nodded and moved to kneel on the floor in front of Charlotte. He took one of her hands in his and, with the other, ran his finger up and down the bridge of her nose. "Char, you are safe. it's all okay," he hushed, Charlotte instantly started to relax against Autumn. "Thank you, my love." he smiled while continuing "Anytime my sweet,"

"Do i even want to ask how he knew how to do that?" Reece asked in shock. "Big brother, i get sleepless nights still, and Winter just somehow knows to bring me down without waking me up," she explained confidently. With that, Chatlottes' phone started ringing. Marjorie picked it up before answering. "Mia, it's Marjorie. Charlotte asleep with Autumn, what do you want?" She asked bluntly. "Well, first i would love to not speak to you, but i need to have words with my girlfriend." Marjorie stuck the phone on loud speakers. "Well shes sleeping so you can either fuck off or tell me to pass on a message" Marjorie said bluntly. "Its not really a group conversation, just remind her that Carly is here and she should be looking after her so called friend. Shes asleep on me because she was worried about her" she told Marjorie, she rolled her eyes. "Well just leave her be, she will call you later on" Marjorie said before hanging up. "I dont trust her" Marjorie whispered, Reece nodded. "Shes like that when shes about to go off on one. She done that to me years ago before arguments" Reece said honestly as Charlotte stirred.

Charlotte woke up, rubbing her eyes slightly before looking around. She saw Autumn and slowly moved away. "Sorry, i know you hate hugs so thank you for holding me" Charlotte whispered nervously as she created space between them both. "Charlotte you know i dont mind certain people. I dont mind you, if it was Marjorie on the other hand" Autumn giggled as Marjorie rolled her eyes. "Thank you Auts" Charlotte smiled. "Char, Mia phoned and asked to speak to you" Reece told her handing her the phone. Autumn glared at her brother.

Charlotte picked up her phone, dialing Mias contact before walking to sit on the bottom step. "Hi baby, Reece said you rang earlier. I fell asleep on Auts" she said in her normal tone. "Why did you tell them? You know it was an accident and you know i never ment it, now Reece thinks im this bad person" she tells her, Charlotte rolls her eyes. "I didn't mean for it to be a thing but someone touched my arm and i flinched and Marjorie was worried so i explained it to her and i let her see... she knows nothing else Mia please dont be like this. I know I'm not who you fell in love with, or im to ugly for you or not good enough or whatever but please dont be mad at Marjorie. She was looking out for me" Charlotte told her sternly. "Charlotte just remember you should be here looking after your friend, Carly. But you're not, you left her so you could drink. Now shes cuddled up asleep with me feeling unloved by you" Mia spat down the phone. "I will be home first thing" Charlotte muttered before hanging up and throwing her phone.

"Charlie is ever-" Sorscha started until she locked eyes with Charlotte. "Lets get you upstairs for a minute to calm down" Sorscha whispered softly but Charlotte shook her head. "Can i just have another drink please?" Charlotte asked her, she nodded slowly before walking away to pour her a drink.

"So..." Marjorie asked, Sorscha shook her head. "Shes hurting Marj, Mia has broken her. There is so much pain that girls eyes" Sorscha mumbled, pouring out a drink. "I dont want to do this but she asked for it" Sorscha whispered before going back to Charlotte. "Thank you" Charlotte whispered, looking at the floor, not looking her friend as she took the glass and downed it. "Charlie this isn't the answer. You are going to hurt yourself more than Mia already has. Drinking is not the answer" Sorscha snaps.