21. the drive

Marjorie had heard enough. She pulled over into a layby and wrapped her arms around Charlotte. "Sweetie, it's okay,  you're so lovely. It's not your fault" hearing that made Charlotte cry louder. "What if im unloveable and Mia leaves me, i can be alone. I dont want to do this anymore. Marjorie, i can't! Please, i don't want to. " Charlotte sobs turnt to screams. "Okay, Char, i hear you, I know. Come on, my love, it's okay, " she hushed, but secretly, Marjorie was panicking. Seeing Charlotte this emotional, and this worked up, wasn't something Marjorie had ever seen before. "Im here with you," Marjorie whispered before pulling out her phone and sending her location along with a message saying, "Get here now!"

Marjorie put her phone down. "You could replace me at work, with the three coming together,  it won't be hard. Mia won't care. Everyone else has happy relationships so everyone would have someone.  I haven't seen any family in years. They hate me because I'm with a woman.  I would be free, and so would everyone else, " Charlotte rambled. "Charlotte No! This is not happening, do you understand! I dont care that you think we would be okay, but we all need you. Who would wind Sorscha up or do the Aggie with winter or look after Carly or be my drinking partner. We need you with us."

With that, a red jaguar pulls up in front of them, and Autumn steps out, walking round to Charlottes' side, opening the door. "What happened?" she asks before noticing the state that Charlotte is in. Autumn carefully moves Charlotte over so she can sit her on her lap. Autumn sits quietly while fiddling with Charlottes hair. "You focus on my heartbeat, okay? It's all okay, you are safe with us, " Autumn hushed while Marjorie typed what happened on her phone for autumn to read. "No one can hurt you Charlotte,  I've got you," Autumn whispered.

Marjorie held her phone for Autumn to read through the event of this morning. She sighed. "Charlotte, you know we all love you so so much, and we all want to support you with everything," Autumn whispered, but Charlotte ignored her, her eyes shut. "Oi, i know you aren't asleep," Autumn whispered before gently poking her side, Charlotte giggled slightly. "See told you," Marjorie watched in awe, seeing Autumns soft side with Charlotte.

"I just dont want to fight everything anymore.  He put me in such a bad place. He sounds almost like how Roger treated you but more sexually. " Charlotte sighed as she clung to Autumn. She held her closer to her chest. She no longer saw Charlotte but a scared little girl. "Oh Char, you are safe with us. Do you want Auts to come back to mine. I know her snd Reece make a great fry up, " Marjorie whispered. Charlotte just sighed. "Mia will start on me again, and i can't," Charlotte muttered. "Why are you worried about her?" Autumn asked. "She's turning into her ex," Marjorie whispered to Autumn.

"Even more reason for me to come over. I can talk to a mean red head, " Autumn stated. "Right, Charlotte, i will follow you back to Marjories," Autumn whispered as she got out of the car. "Someone going to get hurt, please Marjorie call winter," Charlotte panicked. "Reece can hold Mia back, but we can't hold Auts when she's on one. I would say i could stand between, but that wouldn't stop mia like it used to. " Charlottes whole body shook as she spoke.

"Hey, it's okay.  I will message Reece and winter, okay? Oh, Char my love, it will  be okay, " Marjorie whispered while sending the texts. "I hope so."

Once back at Majories. Autumn was inside before Charlotte, and Marjorie even got out of the car. "I love me, and im sorry," Charlotte whispered nervously before getting out. And walking inside, Marjorie held her hand.
"Your girlfriend is sobbing and breaking her heart because of you! Do you understand how much she doesn't want to be on this earth because of how you and her ex have treated her. You knew he was like that rat, and here you are acting just like him. " Autumn spat, Reece stood near the two women. "How dare you, i do everything for Charlotte she was fine before you all got involved, and now she won't sleep without cry," Mia argued back. "Mia tell me then while you were asleep why was Charlotte sat in Marjories car, breaking her heart because the world would be better ofd without her if you were to love her like you say because im sorry but if you were in love and you loved her she wouldnt be this broken hearted. How about it has something to do with how you dont comfort her any more, dont value her feeling, you know all the verbal abuse she is receiving" Autumn could tell she was getting under Mias skin. "Autumn, this is none of your business. Whaf me and Charlotte do is nothing to do with you, " Mia snapped back. "Oh, but Mia, that's where you are so wrong... Charlotte is my friend, and when something is wrong, friends help each other. Me and everyone else are picking up the pieces that you broke, " Autumn stated. Mia took a step closer, and so did Reece. "You think you know her so well, but you really have no idea," Mia whispered bluntly. "Well, i mean after just holding her for the last half an hour while she sobbed because of YOU and her ex, I think i know her pretty well," Autumn snapped back.

"That is enough,  both of you. This isn't helping anyone or anything!" Reece snapped at them both and moved to stand in the middle. "If Charlotte is as bad as you say she is, then clearly we should be making her feel loved and valued, not fighting over who is right and knows her the best. Right, Auts, you stay here and help me make breakfast, and Mia, go and make things right, please, " Reece told them both. Autumn sighed and moved away while Mia walked off upstairs.

"Auts, i know it's bothering you because you see yourself in Chars' situation.  Trust me Im on your side, but we needed mia out the way so you can calm down. Thank you, Auts, " Reece whispered to her. She turned around and hugged her brother. "I will never say this again, but you aren't all that bad, you know, and i may actually like you," Autumn muttered, Reece hugged her back and smiled. "You aren't all bad yourself." The siblings stepped back and smiled at each others.