20. you're safe

Mia heard Charlotte and rushed to her side. She sat on the coffee table, watching while Charlotte was looking around for her friends in her sleep. "Charlotte, it's Mia," she whispered before taking her hand. Charlotte tried to fight herself away from Mia as she touched her hand. "Charlotte, me, and Marj are here, sweetheart." Mia told her loud enough for Marjorie to hear. She came in and joined Mia. "Yeah, Im here too," Marjorie whispered while giving Reece dirty looks. Mia moved and placed both her arms around Charlotte, hugging her as she slept.

"Should we wake her up?" Marjorie whispered while watching. Mia sighed. "I want to so then she would be out of it and we can comfort her properly but if we keep waking her up she wont be able to learn to sleep through it" Mia said quietly, Marjorie nodded.

After a little while, Charlotte started to calm back down. Marjorie left Mia with Charlotte and went to have words with Reece.

As the conversation got louder, Charlotte started to flinch in her sleep. "Okay baby, just Marjorie and Reece, they are just being loud," Mia whispered before kissing Charlottes head. That was it for Charlotte. The kiss pushed her over the edge. Although asleep, she was pushing herself away from Mia. "Charlotte,  wake up lovely," Mia whispered, trying to be as calm as possible. "No, dont shout at me.... it wasn't me..." Charlotte whispered nervously in her sleep. "Marjorie,  Reece, shut up," Mia shouted at them both just as Charlotte woke up. Mia wrapped her arms tightly around her trembling girlfriend. "I got you baby,  I've got you.  You are safe, " Mia whispered

Charlotte sobbed into Mias chest. "He was shouting,  i could hear him," Charlotte whispered, Mia shook her head. "That was Marjorie and Reece in the kitchen. I will be having words, " Mia grumbled protectively. "I bet you will," Charlotte muttered, rolling her eyes, Mia covered Charlottes' ears. "Oi love birds. I'm here now!" Both Marjorie and Reece walked to find Mia.

"Right, you two have caused this, you and your shouting. I don't know what you are playing at, but whatever it is, do it quietly and away from Char, " mia told them both sternly. "It would be me shouting because i am a man. Im so sorry, Char, " Reece said quietly to her. Marjorie sighed before she sat down with Charlotte and traced patterns on her back, knowing fully well it relaxed her. "Im sorry my love, Reece is just a dickhead" she tells her, Reece rolls his eyes at her. Charlotte notices and giggles. "Its okay, honestly im fine"

-----------------------------------------

It was a long night for everyone. "Charlotte that is enough now! You are actually going to make yourself sick if this carries on!" Mia ended up snapping at Charlotte when she woke up crying for fifth time in an hour, not to mention the ones before. "I-im sorry" she sobbed before sitting up against the head board. "Now what are you doing?" Mia asked as she watched her. "Well if i dont sleep i won't panic and you can sleep" she explained quietly, looking straight  ahead. Mia rolled over, her back to Charlotte. "I dont care how just go to sleep" Mia muttered.

After hours of sitting awake on her own, Charlotte took her downstairs. She made a coffee and sat on the couch with one of Marjories books. Charlotte sat quietly wrapped in a blanket and lost in her own little world. She didn't hear Marjorie come downstairs. "Char what are you doing?" She asked as Charlotte visibly jumped. "I couldnt sleep and i was upsetting Mia because i was keeping her awake with my crying so i came to get out the way and im sorry i made a coffee and i just wanted to eascape so i borrowed a book aswell" Charlotte rambled quietly.

"Charlotte, this is more than just the Carly thing, isn't it. You and Mia wouldn't be like this because of Carly staying, " Marjorie said softly, Charlottes eyes filled with tears, and she nodded slowly. "I will grab you a hoodie and take you on a drive, and you can talk about it if you feel you want to," Marjorie whispered before heading straight upstairs.

Charlotte sat in silence, alone with her racing thoughts while Marjorie grabbed her phone and two of Reeces hoodies, slipping one over her head. "Reece, Reece," Marjorie whispered while gently shaking Reeces shoulder. He stired awake. "Sorry, my love, Im taking Charlotte on a drive. Let's just say Mia was too much last night, and she's not doing well," she told him quickly, Reece nodded. "Thank you for looking after her, i will talk to Mia later," he said before kissing Marjorie. After what felt like forever, Marjorie walked in to see Charlotte. "Hey, sorry, I had to wake Reece before just leaving," she said softly before slipping the hoodie over Charlottes head.

"I can see why you steal them... they feel so well safe, " Charlotte whispered, Marjorie nodded. "Come on, let's go," she said quietly, taking Charlottes hand. "Mia is going to kill me," Charlotte muttered while following Marjorie out to her car. Getting into the passenger side. She watched Marjorie revere out of the drive.

"I was thinking the beach would be a great place to watch the sunrise," Marjorie said softly as Charlotte nodded. "Char, what's happening with you?" Marjorie asked softly. Charlotte sighed. "I really want to love Mia, but i... well, i dont trust her the same, " Charlotte muttered, Marjorie reached over and held Charlottes' hand. "You know it's okay. You can tell me anything, and you will still be safe," Marjorie said calmly.

"Before Mia, my ex was abusive. He would shout at me, physically hurt me, my opinion didn't matter with anything. I could never get anything right, " Charlotte started, squeezing Marjories hand as she spoke. "Anyway, you know about the bar situation. It was going great with Mia till I stupidly invited Carly to stay.  Since then, Mia has been pushing me away, not cuddling me, snapping at me, we weren't even talking with Carly there. I had to do everything for Carly because Mia refused, " Charlotte continued as a couple of tears rolled down her cheeks. "Mia has started shouting at me, refusing to cuddle me.  That's why i was downstairs,  i kept crying, and she didn't like it, so she told me to stop and then rolled over away from me. She's turning into him. I mean, it's not like she hasn't hurt me before, im-" Charlotte muttered.