23. lost hoodie

Charlotte walked downstairs nervously. "Mia," she whispered as she stood in the doorway. "Hey sweetheart, you want to come and talk?" Mia asked softly. Charlotte nodded slowly. "Just please don't hate me or shout at me, please," Charlotte whispered before sitting on the opposite end of the couch. "I-I still love you, and I will never stop. Y-you are just scaring me by acting like him more and more, and I just feel so so so on edge. Please dont be mad at me. I want nothing more than for you to hold me and never let me go, but I dont want to be too much or too clingy, " Charlotte muttered while looking at the floor.

Mia reached up her hand and made Charlotte look at her. She felt Charlotte hold her breath at her touch. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you, I just wanted you to look at me," Mia whispered, having done this lots of times before. "I-I umm, I'm sorry," Charlotte stuttered. "Can I hug you? You can always use our safe word, sweetheart, " Mia asked, Charlotte nodded slowly and shuffled  closer. "Oh baby, it's okay," Mia whispered while wrapping her arms around Charlotte. Charlottes bottom lip started to tremble before sobs echoed around the room. "I can let go," Mia whispered, but Charlotte shook her head. "P-please don't lea-ve m-me," Charlotte sobbed. Marjorie stood by the door. Mia looked at her. "She's okay, I just hugged her, and she broke," Mia mouthed, and Marjorie nodded. "Thank you," she mouthed back.

"Charlotte,  baby, you need to calm down now. Come on, take some deep breaths with me, " Mia whispered before pulling away while looking at the state Charlotte had gotten herself into. "Right sweetie, match my breathing," Mia whispered as she took Charlottes hand in her own and placed it on her chest. "Come on baby, you can do it." Mia took her  other hand to Charlottes face to wipe her tears. "I-Im scared," Charlotte whispered. "I know, baby, I know, but I'm here, baby girl.  You can calm down. " Mia rambled on.

It didn't take long for Charlottes breathing to calm down before yawning widely. "What do you want, Char?" Mia asked softly. "Im not tired!" Charlotte snapped quickly. "Okay, okay baby, how about we see if Reece has chocolate in the fridge?" Mia whispered before pulling Charlotte up, holding her hand, and dragging her to the kitchen. "Oh hey Reecey," Mia said sarcastically, making Charlotte giggle slightly. "Mia, Charlotte,  the whole gang is here," He said, matching her tone. She let go of Charlotte and walked over to the fridge, looking inside till she found a bar of galaxy. She looked at Reece before throwing it to Charlotte. "Oi you two, that's actually mine," Marjorie said as she caught it before Charlotte had the chance. Charlotte pouted as she held it above her head.

"Marj, please, i really fancy Choc." Charlotte paused for a second. "Oh shit," Charlotte started before running upstairs, giving no one an explanation. She ran straight into the bedroom. "Auts, I'm sorry, you can join us, please," Charlotte said quickly as she rushed into the bedroom. "Look, I'm okay. Please don't be on your own," Charlotte said, pulling Autumns hand. "Char, hey, calm down please, it's fine. Okay... I'm fine. I've been speaking with Winter, " Autumn told her as they both came down stairs. "Baby, you okay?" Mia asked quickly before Reece piped up."Did you really give up on chocolate to get the goblin? " Autumn gave him a look "yeah I'm fine. Reece, shut up. Auts can take you in a heartbeat, so shh, " Charlotte told them both. "Since when did Char get so fiesty?" Reece laughs as Autumn puts her arm around her shoulders. "She's learning."

"Marj, please, can I have just a square of chocolate?" Charlotte asked as Marjorie snapped off 3 rows, giving one to Charlotte, Mia, and Autumn. "Is that Marjorie actually sharing?" Reece joked, earning a stern look. "I will get you more, chill out. Im not going to make it out alive at this rate between Auts and you, " Reece told her, laughing as he watched Mia give Charlotte her share of the chocolate. "You need it more than me," she whispered with a smile. "Thank you, Mia," she whispered while eating her chocolate, yawning in between. "Im not tired," she snapped at everyone quickly. "Char no one said anything, so dont worry," Reece told her. Autumn walked Charlotte to sit down. "I just want to sit and watch tv with everyone," she said as mia sat on the couch, patting the space next to her. "Sit with me," Mia whispered as Charlotte sat next to her, Autumn sat next to Charlotte. "You can put put your feet up," Autumn whispered as Reece threw a blanket over them all. Marjorie sat with Reece on the other couch.  "Im tired," Mia whispered before fake yawning and putting her arms around Charlotte gently and kissing the top of Charlottes head.

After ten minutes, Charlotte was finally asleep. "Good thinking to get everyone together," Mia smiled softly at Autumn. "Well, she feels safest around us all, and I definitely think Reece has lost another hoodie," Autumn stated with a slight smile. "If she's happy, I dont mind," he says quietly, watching Marjorie drift into a light slumber.

"Well, that worked to get them asleep now the three of us are stuck together." Reece muttered before looking at Autumn. "Auts, I've been thinking," Reece piped up, proud tone in his voice. Autumn rolled her eyes. "Well, I bet that hurt." Reece shot her a glare before continuing.  "Anyway, you are really lucky that we have our fathers surname. You know how mums surname starts with C. If you had her surname, your initials would be AFC, and all I can think about is KFC, " Reece told her. Both him and Mia giggled slightly. "Reece, your shins are looking pale. How about I bruise them up for you?" she spat at Reece, him rolling his eyes.