Chapter 1: Raising the Stakes

In a city called Los Angeles, located in a western state called California aka the Golden State, the day was October 5, 2015 and On Bel Air Road, there was a modern 3 level mansion that was 27,000 square feet even with 12 bedrooms and 16 bathrooms and it had a grand gate, which is a modern aturomated glass gate and a wide, paved driveway that leads up to the mansion and has ample space for multiple vehicles and lined with decorative lighting.

The main level had a grand entrance that is a spacious foyer with a grand staircase that led to the upper floors and there was a living room that had comfortable seating with a view of the city, a dining room that had a table that seats many, a state-of-the-art kitchen, an island and a breakfast room, a family room that has a large TV and cozy seating. with two guest suites that has en-suite bathrooms, there was also a study, a powder room and laundry room. Also, leading from the living room was a outdoor swimming pool with a view of the city with lounge chairs, cabana and outdoor dining area and the pool also had a slide and grotto

On the upper level there were seven bathrooms that had en-suite bathrooms and one was the master bedroom, there was also a home gym and a library and a balcony extending from the master suite to the other bedrooms which offers city views and in addition, there was a staircase that leads to the roof deck, an outdoor space with a fantastic view of the city with seating areas.

On the lower level, there was a large arcade room with classic arcade games, state-of-the-art, bowling alley, theater, recreational room and in addition, the house also had an elevator for all 3 levels.

In the living room, Abby Lee Miller, a formidable presence in her 40s with a heavyset build and striking green eyes, exuded authority even in her casual attire of a black Abby Lee Dance Company shirt, track pants, and sneakers. Her brown hair was pulled back into a practical ponytail, allowing her to focus fully on her day's work ahead.

Descending the stairs with a practiced grace was her 16-year-old son, Mason. Sporting a Los Angeles Kings 2014 Stanley Cup Champions shirt, track pants, and sandals, his agile build and long hair gave him a casual yet confident air. The resemblance between him and Abby was undeniable, from their striking green eyes to their confident demeanor. Mason had carved out an impressive career in acting since he was just four, winning numerous awards and recently finding success with his independent film, Crossroads, which he had not only starred in but also written, produced, and directed. Despite his fame, he remained grounded, having been homeschooled since his early years to accommodate his demanding career.

"Hey, Mom," Mason greeted warmly, wrapping his arms around his mother in a heartfelt hug.

"Hey, sweetheart," Abby replied, her voice softening with affection as she embraced him. "Are you ready for a brand new dance season?"

"Yes, and it couldn't come soon enough. Last year's Nationals was a tough pill to swallow," Mason said, his tone reflecting the frustration of their recent competition, even though he had competed and it was his last competition and he won. "Jeanette Cota and her Broadway Dance Academy really gave us a run for our money. And to top it off, Ava beat Maddie. It was rough."

Abby sighed, nodding in agreement. "That makes two of us even though you won in your division. But we'll come back stronger. We always do."

With a shared look of determination, the two left the mansion, heading towards the driveway. There, the sleek black Escalade belonging to Abby was parked beside a striking red Ford Mustang Convertible. The Mustang, with its top down, was a recent addition, a surprise gift Mason had received for his 16th birthday from his mother while working on Crossroads. The car, much like Mason himself, radiated a youthful vibrancy.

Mason slid into the driver's seat of his Mustang, his movements smooth and practiced. Abby settled into the Escalade, a powerful symbol of her own success and authority. She gave Mason a nod, a silent signal that it was time to hit the road. Mason started the engine, the rumble of the Mustang's powerful motor filling the air, and the two vehicles pulled out of the driveway, Abby's Escalade following closely behind.