Chapter 14: Mini Madness Unleashed

It was Monday morning at the ALDC studio, and excitement buzzed in the air. The mini team and their moms were back in full force, ready for another week of intense rehearsals. The team had grown with the addition of a new dancer—Elliana Walmsley, a spirited nine-year-old, accompanied by her eager mother, Yolanda. Abby and Mason, had personally invited them to join the minis, and today would be their first day with the team.

As the mini moms gathered in the waiting area, Tiffanie turned to Yolanda, who was still getting a feel for her surroundings.

"Are you excited or nervous or...?" Tiffanie asked, a curious glint in her eyes.

"I'm not gonna lie, I'm more excited than nervous," Yolanda responded confidently, her bright smile shining.

"Good!" The other moms—Sari, Kerri, and Lynn—echoed in agreement, laughing warmly as they welcomed the newcomer. The camaraderie was clear, though the tension that often lingered in the studio seemed ever-present.

Just then, the door opened, and in walked Christi and Chloe.

"Hello, mini moms," Chloe greeted the group with a polite wave as they turned to look at the familiar faces. Their eyes quickly shifted to Yolanda and Elliana, recognizing them as the newcomers.

"You must be the new ones here," Christi said with her trademark friendly yet sharp tone. "I'm Christi Lukasiak, and this is my daughter, Chloe. She used to dance for Abby, and now she's an ambassador here."

Yolanda beamed as she and Elliana extended their hands to shake. "Nice to meet you," Elliana said politely, her youthful enthusiasm shining through.

"Yeah, nice to meet you both," Yolanda added, her voice more measured but just as warm.

"The pleasure is ours," Christi replied with a knowing smile.

Suddenly, Kerri leaned in, her eyes narrowing slightly as she asked the million-dollar question. "Yolanda, we have another question. Are you a mom that can, like, stick it out?"

Yolanda didn't miss a beat. "You know it," she replied confidently, prompting a round of laughter from the mini moms.

"No, I'm serious," Kerri pressed, "because this is our—"

"You have to understand, we spent a ton of cash to come out here," Yolanda interrupted, her voice firm. "We've given up a lot to be here. We want to be part of the team, and we're committed."

Tiffanie nodded, appreciating Yolanda's honesty. "We could have an actual team right now with these five girls," she said thoughtfully as the conversation drifted.

Just then, Abby and Mason emerged from the rear office. Abby's commanding presence filled the room immediately, while Mason stood tall beside her, the perfect balance of charm and quiet confidence.

"Hello, Elliana. Hello, Yolanda. We're glad you made it," Abby said, her voice firm but welcoming.

"We're glad to be here," Yolanda replied as she and Elliana stood up a bit straighter under Abby's intense gaze.

"Mason, I'd like you to meet Elliana Walmsley and her mother, Yolanda. Yolanda, Elliana, this is my pride and joy—Mason," Abby introduced with a hint of pride in her voice.

Mason extended his hand with a friendly smile. "Hello, there," he said.

Yolanda's face lit up with recognition. "You're really Mason the actor!" she exclaimed.

"I sure am," Mason said with a grin. "I'm actually doing a movie at the end of this half of the season. It's called Eclipsed Horizons."

"I've seen your movies and commercials! You're so cool, and I can't wait to see Eclipsed Horizons when it comes out!" Elliana chimed in, clearly starstruck.