Leaving

9pm, time to tuck Venice into his bed, "Sorry sweetie, papa won't be coming this time, again...as usual".
Pete sighed, another day watching Vegas pick everyone but them, but what was he going to expect, Vegas didn't want Venice and at this point, Pete was just a babysitter and a fuck hole, nothing else.

Sighing again Pete laid Venice down in his cot and whispered to the little boy "I'm so sorry Ven, I don't want to leave you here but I need to. I need to know if your father has any feelings left for me or if his revenge is everything in his mind. But don't worry, I have hired a good nanny for you and your uncle Macau will help her take care of you, they will love you. And if anything happens, I'll come and take you with me," he left a kiss on the top of Venice's head and left the room.

12am, Pete was lost in thought, he hadn't spoken to Vegas for two days, he was always busy with Porsche and their revenge. At first, when they became a couple, Vegas shared his plans with Pete, but after a while, Pete was left behind, he became a shadow in Vegas' life. Pete dropped everything to be with Vegas but that wasn't enough, Pete went from being the head of the bodyguards to being the sex toy of the boss and the nanny. He thought Vegas' words meant something, but well, another mistake by Pete. He was used to being let down by others, but he never thought one of those would be Vegas, the love of his life.

Now Vegas had no words of love for Pete, he came home late and left early in the morning. They didn't talk about anything, often Vegas didn't realise that Pete didn't sleep in his bed, only when he wanted to fuck Pete did he go to look for him.
"You're pathetic Pete, you're the only one in love here" "Am I? I don't think I can go on living like this" "So what are you going to do? Go to Grandma's for a few days? That's not the solution Pete. That won't change the reality, Vegas doesn't want you, he needed you a year ago when he was hurt and could barely move, but now..." "You're right, if he loved me he'd be here with me. But maybe if I talk to him he'll notice, he's too busy to notice" "You're a fool Pete, a complete fool. He doesn't love you, he didn't love you and he never will" Pete was talking to himself, something he did very often, especially since the idea of taking a few days away from there formed in his mind.

2am, Pete heard the door open, it was Vegas. "Hey Pete, what are you doing up at this hour?" said Vegas peeking out from the door, he made no move to approach Pete and give him a kiss like he used to do. "I've been waiting for you," said Pete. "Why?" said Vegas raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms.
"Where have you been?" Vegas rolled his eyes "I was with Porsche, you don't need to know why, it's better that way, we've been through this before" Pete chuckled, "Sure."
"What does that mean Pete?" said Vegas in an irritated tone. He was tired, he wanted to take a shower, crawl into bed and go to sleep, and seeing Pete asking about the same thing again wasn't helping matters.

"Nothing Vegas, it doesn't mean anything. Like you said you've already talked about it haven't you." Pete's voice sounded hurt, but Vegas paid no attention to that. "Look Pete I'm too tired for this shit so if you want something tell me, otherwise let me go to sleep, I've had a really bad day and I don't need to listen to your bullshit when I'm at home."

"Don't worry Vegas, you won't have to listen to my bullshit from now on. You know what? I was waiting because I thought I could talk to you to see if there was anything left, but I can clearly see there isn't. So don't worry, come and go whenever you want, it's your problem, your house and your life, not mine. It was never mine" Pete's tone sounded defeated and tired.

Vegas finally realised something was wrong with Pete "Pete, what are you saying?" Vegas sounded worried and Pete couldn't help but laugh "I thought I was being clear. I'm leaving Vegas, I'm breaking up with you, I could have done it over the phone but you never answer my texts or take my calls so, I had to wait for you to get home and annoy you with my bullshit, sorry about that, but the other option was to write you a letter. I should have done that instead of bothering you with my presence tonight".