Seeing

"I'm not so sure Vegas", Vegas' heart broke a little after Pete's words. He sighed, "I guess I deserve it for everything I did to you. I... I'm sorry Pete, I'm sorry for not seeing you, for making you feel unloved, I..."

"Stop it Vegas" Pete didn't let him continue, "Let's be honest for once, do you really expect me to believe that, what?, after a month you realize how important I am and how much you love me, after over a year of belittling me and pushing me away from you?" Pete sighed again, "Look, I didn't call you for this, I actually didn't even expect you to answer," Pete chuckled, "In a few weeks I'm leaving the country," "What?" Vegas gasped, "That in a few weeks I'm leaving, and I'd like to be able to see Venice and Macau before I do. If you'll let me."

Vegas didn't speak for more than a minute. "Vegas?" said Pete concerned at Vegas's silence.

"I guess you hate me too much," Vegas said in a low, sad voice, tears welling up in his eyes.
Pete couldn't help but say, "I wish I could hate you Vegas, but just as I don't think you love me, I'm not going to lie and say I've stopped loving you."
"Pete" Vegas was sobbing, "Pete."
"Vegas, will you let me see them?" Pete asked, he wanted to end that call before he said something he would regret.
"Yes Pete, how could I deny you? Venice is your son too, when are you coming?" Vegas said.
"In a few days I'll be back in town. I'll text or call you when I'm there." Pete said. "Ok, I'll be waiting Pete" "Bye Vegas."

Pete hung up the phone after that goodbye, hearing Vegas so hurt was getting to him. He looked at his phone, at Vegas' messages and finally read them. It was like a trip back in time to all the sad memories he had with Vegas, but he forced himself to read them.

23:00
Pete.
I went on a picnic with Venice today and he got fever. Don't worry, he's fine now. He's sleeping.

23:03
I thought about that time you wanted to go and I, as usual, didn't show up. You went without me and there was a storm. I had a meeting and it was cancelled, when I got home you weren't there and when you called I didn't want to answer because I was angry and I blamed it on you.

23:06
I'm sorry Pete, Venice got sick because of me.
So did you and I didn't take care of you because Porsche called me and I ran after him.

23:10
I'm so sorry Pete.
I shouldn't have left you.

23:15
You needed me and I wasn't there for you.

23:30
I miss you

23:45
I love you

09:45
Pete, how could I have been so blind? It's been 14 days since you left and none of your friends called to ask about you.

09:47
It was Nop who told me they haven't spoken to you since you chose me.
Pete I didn't know.

09:51
You never let me explain but when I took you to the Hum bar that night I wanted to surprise you, that night was for you, you would have fun with your friends and me that night. I didn't know that Porsche would carry that recording.

09:55
And you thought the worst, that I was cheating on you with him. Pete, I never did that, I never would.
Ever since I realized I had feelings for you, I haven't been with anyone else. My father got mad at me for that, but I couldn't Pete, I couldn't close any deals using my body like I did then. I could never be with anyone but you Pete. You're the only one for me.

10:01
I was surprised when you came into the bathroom because I thought you heard something. It was a recording of my uncle ordering his wife's death.