Thinking

"Goodbye Vegas".

Pete went to the guest room, his room, and took his bag. He was going to leave in the morning, but after his conversation and his new disappointment with Vegas, he would leave now.

Nop stopped him at the door, "Khun Pete, are you sure you want to leave now? It's too late, why don't you sleep in and leave in the morning?". Pete looked at the bodyguard, "Nop, it will be safer if none of you try to stop me or follow me" There was no hesitation or compassion in Pete's voice. Although he had always treated bodyguards with respect, always concerned for them, he was not about to allow anyone to stop him at that moment.

He took a taxi to the train station, got in and made sure no one was following him. After a few minutes he took another taxi, a bus and finally arrived at his penthouse.

The good thing about being a shadow to everyone was that they always underestimated Pete, that allowed him to have and do more than everyone else thought.
Although he sent most of his salary to his grandmother, Pete was involved in illegal fights, and with the proceeds he had bought a three-bedroom penthouse far enough away from the family. This clandestine and illegal world had allowed him to make contacts and learn skills that were best kept hidden from the family.

Certain that even if Vegas asked the Main family, they couldn't do anything, he left his phone on, it was untraceable, after some modifications Pete had made before leaving the house.

There was nothing to eat, but Pete didn't have an appetite that night either, so for now it wasn't a problem that worried him too much.... He showered and lay down on the bed. He had a lot on his mind, Vegas's words when he left, his face, it seemed sad and a little broken when he realised that Pete was really going to leave, but he had over a year to make things right, and he did nothing.

When Pete woke up he called his grandma, "Hi honey, how are you?". "Hi ma, I left home, I couldn't be there anymore, not like this at least" said Pete.

Grandma sighed, "You did the right thing, my son. You are important and you deserve to be loved the same way you love others Pete. You chose him and he doesn't deserve you."
"I know ma, but it hurts, I still love him" Pete couldn't hold back the tears. "I'm sorry ma."
"Don't be sorry Pete, crying when you're sad is good, you can't keep it to yourself or it will grow into bitterness." Grandma cried too as she heard Pete's sobs. She was so angry at Vegas for treating her grandson like a toy.

They talked for almost an hour. "When are you coming?" grandma asked. Pete sighed, "In a few days ma. If they're looking for me they'll do it there, so I'd rather stay here alone than go home, ma" "Ok, and you'll be fine there, Pete? Don't do anything reckless kid" Pete laughed, "Don't worry ma, in a few days you can keep an eye on me," they both laughed. "I've got to go ma. If they call you tell them you don't know where I am. I love you very much ma" "Take care son. I love you very much my Pete."

When Pete hung up he saw the first message from Vegas. He stared at the phone screen, but didn't open it.

Since the first time Vegas had texted him, he had texted him several times a day and even called him. Pete didn't read or answer the phone.
On the third day Pete decided to go out, he drove for two hours to that place, he hadn't been there for a long time, but the sound and smell of blood was familiar to him.

"Well, well, well, look who's here. The prodigal son" said a tall muscular man approaching Pete, "Oh shut up James" said Pete hugging him. "I see you haven't changed the decor since I haven't been around" said Pete looking around. "You know what they say Pity, if something works don't change it. What brings you here? If you'd given me a heads up I'd have organised a fight for you" said James.
"Glad to know I can still count on you if I need to, but don't worry, I just wanted to stop thinking for a while, and this is the perfect place."
James put his hand on his shoulder and said "That sounds like you have a problem Pity. Let me give you a drink and we'll catch up."
Pete sat at the bar and James started pouring him drinks. They were talking and reminiscing about old times.