Meeting

Vegas was on cloud nine looking at the phone, there the message from Pete with the location of the coffee shop. He would see Pete tomorrow, after more than a month. He tried not to make noise so as not to wake up Venice, yes, he should sleep.

Morning came quickly with Venice giving him little pats on his face and chest: "Papa up. Sun. Papa, papa" Vegas opened his eyes looking at his son, "Papa is awake Venice, you don't need to hit me anymore son" said Vegas tickling Venice and giving him a kiss on the cheek. Venice let out a giggle and tried to run away from his father. A normal morning for them.
"Venice, today papa has a big surprise for you," "For Ven?" said the little boy with wild eyes. Vegas nodded and laughed, "Yes, but you have to be a big, good boy. You'll stay with Aunt Rose in the morning and then we'll go get your surprise" the boy stared at his dad, "Ven good, Ven good Aunty Dose." "I know, you'll be a good boy. Let's get ready for breakfast." They showered, dressed with Venice giggles and went to the kitchen.

Macau and Rose were already in the kitchen. "Macau, we're going somewhere today so come straight home after your classes," said Vegas in a serious tone. "What's up Hia?" asked Macau. "Papa surpise Ven" said Venice laughing. "Hm? Hia?" "Finish your breakfast and go, it's late. Net" said Vegas looking at Macau's bodyguard, "no stopping after class. Get here as soon as you can, it's clear?" "Yes Khun Vegas. Khun Macau come on" said Net.
Macau looked at his brother but said nothing, Vegas was really weird that morning, maybe Pete's absence was affecting him more than he thought. He kissed Venice's forehead and walked out.

"Aunt Rose," said Vegas. She raised her head, "You can take this afternoon off, we'll be out and you don't need to come. So when we leave you can take the rest of the day and evening if you want." "Thanks Khun Vegas, I wanted to clean up Venice's toy room but with him it's difficult. So I'll do that and then I'll go to my place." "Perfect. Venice baby, finish your breakfast and go to Aunty Rose. And be good, papa has some things to do before we go to your surprise," Vegas said kissing Venice's cheek and ruffling her hair. "Ven good boy aunty Dose" "I know baby, I love you" "Love you papa".

Nop walked into Vegas's office, "Have you looked at the address I gave you? I don't want to go with a lot of bodyguards, just you, Net, Max and two others, we need to be there before 4pm" Nop nodded, "It's a safe area Khun Vegas. Away from here and away from the family. I think five of us will be enough, can I ask what you are going to do there with Venice and Macau."
Vegas sighed, "Pete called, he wants to see the kids and he chose this place, it must be close to where he lives now" Vegas said a little sadly.
"Does Khun Pete live near that place?" asked Nop with a frown. "I don't know, he just said he was going home when he found the coffe shop, why do you ask?".
"Nothing special, I just thought it's nowhere near where Khun Pete was seen before." "Did you find Pete?" said Vegas in surprise. "No, no," sighed Nop, "Do you know how Khun Pete started working for the family?". Vegas thought about what Pete told him, "He didn't tell me much, just that he came here and asked Uncle for a job. Do you know anything else?"

"When Khun Pete started working there were a lot of men, so P'Chan's training was brutal, his intention was to keep only the good ones. Nobody gave anything for Khun Pete but he rose through the ranks very quickly. When Khun Tankhun was kidnapped Khun Korn sent him. A lot of things were said about what happened in that warehouse, but the truth is that when we got there, there were about ten dead bodies on the floor, Khun Tankhun was safe and Khun Pete was covered in blood and smoking a cigarette. From that moment on Khun Pete was Khun Tankhun's head bodyguard, officially, unofficially he was trained to be that of Khun Korn".

Nop took a breath: "All that piqued your father's interest, so he ordered us to follow him and find out all about Khun Pete. We could find nothing, or almost nothing. It was him and his grandparents, his mother died and his father abandoned him. He left his grandparents' house when he was 16 and at 18 he asked Khun Korn for a job. Nothing more about his past. We followed him for months, when he was at work and on his days off. And that was the problem, we couldn't find anything about his life outside of work, he just disappeared. Only a few times we could find him" Nop stopped talking.