The Humans

It all started five hundred years ago, when six humans were sent from the heavens. Landing through a triangle their world, and ending up here.

The first four humans went to live normal lives in each of the four districts. They used to be color coded, before the Cards family took control. Anyway, they went to live peaceful lives, getting spouse, making children, the normal.

No one seemed to notice their odd skin color much, they were all shades of tan, sort of the unisex color at the time. Even if one of them were a Direct Gypsy color, no one would give much of a fuss. Without King Cards and his power need.

The fifth human went to the gypsies. He settled down with a gypsy, like the other four, but when he had a son, the son wasn't able to preform magic. They worried for him, and sent him to the Gypsy King, note that the king didn't rule his people, he was more of a role model, and one to seek guidance from. 

When the Gypsy King asked what was wrong with their son, they told him the problem. The Gypsy King understood the problem, then blessed the human child with the power to use the charms. He did so with a charm that involved sticking a needle through points around his right eye.

The Charmers do the same thing to the normal people of Cards Dom, but they haven't perfected it enough to be able to give the power to humans. Only the king, of whom is the same king as was back when the humans first came, is able to grant that power.

The fifth human had many children with his wife, but the wife noticed how old the human had become in thirty years. He was the same age, physically, as their King. The gypsy wept for years after her husband died. 

When she was finished grieving, she noticed her children were aging much faster then the other children. After thirty years since their birth, they started falling in love, and having children. It was normal for a gypsy three times their age to start having children.

Before the wife knew it, her children were dead, while she had only aged a portion as they had in their two hundred year lives. She swore against the human, blaming him for her children's early deaths, she cursed her grandchildren, calling them dirty half-gypsies that didn't deserve the gypsy name. 

Her grandchildren rebelled against her words, saying they were as much gypsy as her. She then declared their kind as Direct Gypsies. Her grandchildren, in the rage they were in, left the sacred Gypsy Lands, they were then banished by the Gypsy King. The only law that we have is to never leave the Gypsy Lands, the punishment was banishment.

The wife swore she would haunt any human who crossed paths with a Direct Gypsy, and to this day, she does so. Using her magic to send them hallucinations, jump-scaring them with her appearance, until the day the human died. Those humans that died, would share the marks that her children and grandchildren had, as a reminder to her husband, of what he made her children go through, for magic

The sixth human went to a whole different kingdom than the other five. She went over two kingdoms, to the Dice Kingdom, well, then it wasn't anything more than a piece of land with a few hundred people living on it. 

She grouped the people, civilized them, and in thanks, the people made her their queen. She married her lover and they made a very elegant kingdom, in thanks of marriage, she let her husband name the kingdom. He named it the Dice Kingdom. In remembrance of her human friends, she made six family lines under the Dice family.

The king before Cards Dom current king, made alliance with the Dice family, by having their heirs marry and rule Cards Dom. Meaning, that King Cards kids can't preform magic.

-

"Wait a minute." I said, after Gypsy was down telling her story, "I watched Prince Rae preform magic, without a charm."

"No you didn't." Gypsy said.

"Yes, I did." 

"No, you didn't. You watched Prince Rae's clone preform magic. After King Cards found out there was no way for his son to preform magic, he banished him, to...wherever he went. Then King Cards made a clone of himself to rule the kingdom after him." Gypsy said, "Anyway, we never introduced ourselves, I'm Tracy, I would shake your hand, but as you can see, I'm a little tied up at the moment."

"Elisabeth, just call me Beth. You?" I said, the first part to Tracy, but the second to Forty.

"Steve," he said, "Imma go to sleep, night."

"Night?" I said, almost in a question. Then he rolled over, and was snoring before I knew it.

"Anyway, what did you do, Tracy?" I asked her, seeing as she was the only other person for me to talk to now.

"I ran away, stole some bread, was caught, and now I'll live the rest of my known life down here." She said, laughing a little, "I guess I walked right into that one, anyway," She said, looked at me, "you should sleep, too. It'll be dawn soon, and you, unchained people have work to do."

"If you say so," I said, then yawned, discovering for the first time that I had been tired for a while. I took the space that the praying man had given up, and I leaned my head on Tracy's lap, then fell into a deep sleep that I hadn't slept in for a while.