070918

lee know
--

     It's ten on Saturday morning and apparently time to binge-watch horror movies all day. Hyunjin knocks on the door across from us, and I copy his pattern. Binnie does the same thing, and we keep repeating it until the door is answered. Hyunjin gives us a funny look.

     "Welcome to our dorm!" Han says as he opens the door, "Ready to be scared shitless?"

     "Yes," Bin nods.

     "Come hither," Han beckons, "You guys must be Hwang's roommates."

     I nod, "I'm Lee Minho, a third-year."

     "Seo Changbin, and I'm a second year."

     "Nice to meet you guys. I'm Han Jisung, a freshie," he smiles and points to his roommates, "That's Felix from Australia, and that's Zhang Hao from China."

     Jisung looks like if boba were a person; I dunno how to explain it, but his big cheeks and smile make me smile. Very cute.

     "So, we were thinking of starting with the Conjuring movies, and then, if you guys wanted, we could go this evening to that one that's coming out today. The Nun or something. It looks really good."

     "OOoooh!" Felix smiles, "That would be fun."

     "Any objections?" Han looks around at us.

     I meet his gaze and shake my head, still smiling.

     "Then, I'll just go ahead and order the tickets."

     We start the movies. There's not much room to sit on the beds, so they moved the mattresses from the beds onto the floor to create a little pad. There's a tv set on an ottoman near the door. We all just have to pile together because the lack of room. Hyunjin ends up sitting behind Changbin, who is lying down. I'm leaning against the wall beneath the window next to Han, and Felix and Zhang are lying closest to the tv. A jumpscare, and Han accidentally drops his brownie on me.

     "Ahh, sorrry, hyung," He whispers.

     I shake my head, "They don't have frosting. It's fine."

     I pick it up and set it on my napkin. I put the napkin on the bed frame next to Han. 

     Another jumpscare, and he spills his popcorn. I laugh once silently. He's gotta be doing this on purpose. I pick the kernels up from around where I'm sitting and add them to the napkin next to Han. Once more, this happens, so I offer to hold his napkin. 

     "Sorry," he nods, "If it's not too much."

     "It's probably easier this way."

     After these two movies, Felix stands, "Can we watch something else? I forgot that I don't like scary movies."

     "Will you be fine at the Nun?"

     He nods, "I just need a break."

     "Should be fine," Binnie nods, "What do you wanna watch."

     "Anyone wanna watch Titanic?"

     "YES!" Han exclaims, and I smile.

     We all nod in agreement. Why not? Should be fun anyway.

     Partway through the movie and most of them are sobbing, including Han next to me. I look over at a crying Hyunjin, but he's watching the movie and absentmindedly touching Binnie's hair. I shake my head and look back to Han. I tap my shoulder, indicating he can lean there if he needs a shoulder to cry on.