140918

Han
--

     "What happened to your foot?" my brother asks as he opens the door to greet me.

     "Nice to see you too, Jihoon," I reply as I push past him into our house, "Eomma, I'm home!"

     "Jisung-ah," she rushes to greet me, "How was your time at school?"

     "It was fun except my ankle, haha."

     Jihoon snorts, "Course you'd be the one to injure yourself in the first month."

     "You wanna fight?"

     "Not good manners to hurt a cripple."

     I roll my eyes, "I missed you, Ma."

     "Come in," she urges, "I made soup."

     "Where's Appa?"

     "He's helping move your grandma to Aunt Misuk's this weekend. He'll be back for supper this evening. When is your train?"

     "7:15," I reply, "Thanks for the soup. It's really good."

     "Mm," she nods, "Jihoon, you should introduce Sungie to your boy--"

     "Ma, it's Jisung's birthday. Let's give him the spotlight."

     I shake my head, "No, who is it? You finally get your office romance?"

     He blushes, "No, it's not like that. He actually goes to K-Arts too."

     "Ooooh, Ji's got a boyfriend. What's he like? Is he tall? What's his major?"

     "His name is Chan. He's not really tall. He's an acting major."

     "Just call him over. I'm sure he's great."

     "Are you sure? It's your birth--"

     "Call him already. I'm excited."

     He stands, takes out his phone, and goes to the other room.

     "Just wait 'til you meet him," Mom says, "He's such a gentleman. When are you gonna bring someone home?"

     I laugh, "I don't have time to date."

     "Your brother works full-time."

     "He doesn't have homework. Besides, I wanna focus on my friends."

     "Oooh, what are their names? Tell me all about your time."

     "Well, my roommates are both nice still. They've opened up more since you helped me move in, so- wait. Ma, can I invite them over? I know it's sudden, but it's Lix's birthday tomorrow. His family's all in Australia, so he doesn't have anyone to spend it with."

     "Ah," she smiles, "You should've brought him. Let's just go there. I'll tell your father to meet us for barbecue there."

     "Didn't you have supper planned?"

     She shakes her head, "It's fine. Hoonie, tell Bang to stay there. We'll head that way anyway."

     "Thank you, Eomma," I smile, "I'll pay for--"

     "No, no, let's just go."

~~

     I open the door to my dorm. Jihoon is out finding his boyfriend for us to meet. Mom is waiting downstairs. I asked her to 'cause I didn't want it to be awkward for the other guys on our floor.

     "Felix!" I exclaim as I open the door, "Wanna come get barbecue with my family for yo--"

     Felix is on his bed, but he's not the only one. He's presently getting felt up by another dude. I cover my eyes and back out of the room.