Chapter 22

I'm on the floor in Lydia's room when I wake up. I hear a loud snore, and I stand up and see Lydia, her mouth wide open.

Finally found her flaw.

Everyone else is sleeping, but Archer isn't there. Of course, he barely sleeps, he probably went back to his room.

I head back to my room and shower. I'm not real hungry, so I skip breakfast and go to the shooting range. As I practice shooting, I can't help but see that bullet in that mans chest. What if I was standing up too? Would I be the one dead?

It's too scary to think about. I clear my mind and throw knifes. But the knives remind me of Abby.

I'm still mad at myself. Mad that I trusted Abby. No wonder why she didn't want to go to the building to find out about herself. She already knows, and didn't want anyone else to.

"Mia!" I turn around and see Dana walking towards me. She grabs my arm. "Come on." She says. I ask her what's shes doing, but she won't answer. Abby did this exact same thing, and it didn't turn out good...

I shake my arm free, my heart beating fast.

"Relax. I'm just heading to a table. I wanna talk to you," she says, and I calm down. I can trust Dana, she's not Abby. So I follow her to a table, and she faces me.

"You have to tell me what's going on," she says. "About what?" I ask, but Dana just laughs.

"You don't have to lie around me, Mia. You couldn't of gotten that hurt if you only fell."

"And how do you know that?" I ask.

Dana sighs. "Mia, I know. I know it all. About the government." I stare at her with wide eyes, frozen. She knows?

"You..saw it?"

"Yeah, and so did Adam. We both watched it last night."

That's why Adam seemed so out of it yesterday, and why they were so happy to see Archer and I. They knew.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asks. I shrug, not wanting to talk about it. "I don't know, I just. I'm scared, I don't know." I try to defend myself, but my eyes water.

"I'm sorry. I'm not going what your going through. I just want you to be careful. Your one of my best friends, Mia. I don't wanna lose you." Dana says. I look at her and smile. I quick give her a hug. "I'll be fine Dana. You watch yourself too, okay?" I get up and she nods.

I walk over towards my room, but I look down and walk so fast I crash into someone. I look up and see Tami.

"Whoa, are you okay?" Tami asks, and I quick nod, trying to get around her, but she stops me.

"Hey, I wanted to apologize, for all the stuff that's happened. I know it's late.."

"Yeah, it's late." I mumble.

"Just hear me out. I don't want you to hate me. And I don't want you to be my best friend again, we both know that just won't happen. But, I want you to trust me. That's all I want. You don't have to talk to me ever again. But, just know that you can trust me, alright?" She says.

"Okay, Tami." I say. She smiles a little, then heads off. I go to my room, a little surprised by what Tami said. Could I trust her? Probably. I have known her for years. She still wants the best for me, and honestly, I want the best for her.

***

The day goes by fast. So fast, I'm already laying in bed.

Tomorrows the attack.

I'm nervous, more nervous than the first one. This one will be even more dangerous. For both Archer and I, and everyone else.

But worrying right now won't do any good. So I clear my mind, and eventually find sleep.

***

I find myself shaking as I stand by the fence, waiting for Dave to talk. Archer puts his hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down.

"You will be in the same groups of six," Dave explains.

Or five.

"This time we will spread out, attacking the government on all sides. Again, once you hear my signal, retreat. Best of luck to all of you. Let's move out." Dave says, and I hop in the same van as yesterday.

"Let's attack from the back," the women from our group says. The same women who checked the mans pulse, and only shook her head no.

"But we have to enter the fence in the front," Archer explains.

"Yeah, so watch your back." The women says, almost smiling. How the hell can she be smiling? Does she know she runs the risk of dying?

"You seem off." I turn my head and see Archer looking at me worriedly.

"No, I'm fine. Nervous. But who isn't." I say, and he nods. "I'll be by your side the whole time, we're going to be fine."

"You don't know that," I say quietly, looking out the window. I don't want to look at his insanely blue eyes, which is a first. But he says my name and puts his hand on my leg, making me look over at him.

"No, I don't know, your right. But I want to convince that to myself, and saying it helps," he says.

"I understand." And I do. Saying that we're not going to be fine wouldn't do us any good.

"We're almost there, get ready." The women says. I grab my gun from my coat, holding it in my shaky hand.

"I bet you could still get a bullseye with those crazy hands," Archers jokes, and I wish I could laugh. But I just can't get myself to. "Hey, be your badass self, alright?" He asks, and I force a smile and nod.

"Alright, get out. Let's go!" The women yells, and I get out of the van.

I'll be fine. I tell myself. I'll be fine. But I then second guess if that makes me feel any better.

HEYYYY PEOPLE!!!!!!!

sorry this chapter was kinda boring, it's just kind of a filling for the EPIC next chapter👍

But I hoped you still enjoyed it, and if you did (or even didn't) PLEASE AT LEAST COMMENT OR VOTE!!!! I love getting your honest opinion!😊

THANK YOU!!❤️