Chapter 19

Abby pushes me to the ground when I don't move. Without my hands there to support my fall, I hit the ground hard on my stomach, making me cry out against the duck tape.

"Weak." I barely hear Abby say, and she grabs my arm, forcing me on my feet. I scream against the duck tape, praying somebody will hear. But Abby punches my face, and I hit the ground once again. I feel hot blood on my face and in my mouth. Tears fall from my eyes consistently.

Abby grabs my stomach and drags me back up, her lips close to my ear.

"Is this a no, then? I said show me where the boy is, or I'll kill you now and the boy later. I'm sure the government wouldn't care if your dead anyway, I'd still get some money," she whispers. "So, show me where he is, or..." I hear her reaching in her pocket, and she pulls out a knife. "Or it'll be a long painful night for you."

My throat closes in, and I sob. Everything hurts, I can barely breath.

Someone help me!

Abby shakes me. "Mia, you have five seconds to decide," she says harshly. I sob again, and take a step towards the building.

"There we go, thats it. Show me where the boy is now." Abby says, and I take another step.

I'm so sorry Archer.

As much as I don't want to do this, Abby will kill us both anyway. But, if she brings us to the government, Abby wins, and we die.

Either way, we die.

I stop.

Abby pushes me to the ground again. "Bitch! I'm growing impatient, Mia." She lifts me up again, and puts the knife to my throat. "Did you change your mind?"

I shake my head, feeling the sharpness of the knife on my skin. I take a step forward. Abby moves the knife away from me. I walk a little faster now, and I stop at the door.

Don't do this, Mia. Don't put Archer into this.

"Open it." Abby hisses, and I reach for the knob.

Don't do it.

"Mia."

I twist the handle.

I suddenly hear the sound of a punch, and Abby's grip from me releases. I quick turn around, not understanding what's happening. But I see Abby getting dragged to her feet, and then I see Archer, his arm around her neck and a gun to her head.

"What the hell do you think your doing newbie, huh?" Abby tries to stab him, but Archer drops his gun quick and grabs her other arm, squeezing it. "Drop it." She does, and grabs Archers arm, trying to get her neck free, but Archer doesn't budge. He picks up the gun again and rests it on her temple.

"Your lucky I'm giving you a chance. Either I shoot your brains out, or you leave. Head back to the government and tell them you failed." Archer clicks the gun. "So choose."

Tears fall from Abby's face as she tries to get free. "O...kay." She whimpers, and Archer lets her go and stands up, the gun still on her. "Run." He says, and Abby gets up and runs to the fence. She quick turns back, then she's gone.

I sit there frozen, still shocked about what just happened. Archer kneels down next to me, taking the duck tape off carefully. I spit out blood on him accidentally, but all he does is untie my hands, looking at the rashes on my wrists. I can't help it, I sob out loud.

"Shh..." Archer tries to calm me, but my whole body shakes. "Hey, it's okay." He says, but it's like I can't breath. He looks at me, his eyes watering. He then puts his arms around me and pulls me in for a hug. I dig my face into his chest, closing my eyes.

He lets go, and I see blood on his shirt. My blood.

"You got a bloody nose," he says. "Raise your head up. Let's get you inside." He helps me to my feet, but I pretty much put my whole weight on him. He then lifts me up, one of his arms behind my legs, and the other on my back. He walks me inside, and then in his room. He puts me on his bed, and rushes to the bathroom. I look down at my legs, and my knees are skinned, blood flowing from them. My face feels swelled up.

Archer comes back with wet paper towels. He puts two on my knees, and it stings. "Sorry." He mumbles. He gives me another for my nose. "I'll go look for an ice pack." He then runs out his door, coming back in only a minute, with a bag of ice. "Put that where it hurts," he says, and I rest it on my face. "How did you..."

"I was awake, like always. I heard someone knocking on a door. I saw you and Abby outside, and when she punched you, I sprinted to the shooting range. To get a gun. I bet I could've ran faster, I could've prevented some of those punches, I could of.."

"No." I spit out. "It was my fault. I trusted her. And I was going to show her where you were, Archer. I.."

Archer puts his hand on my leg. "Hey, you had no choice. Abby's gone, and we'll tell Dave about it tomorrow. I think you need some rest," he says, and I try to get up, but Archer pushes me back down gently. "You can sleep here."

"But.."

"No, stay. I can change the paper towels once in a while. Just get some rest." He says, grabbing the ice pack from me. I try to protest, but Archer doesn't budge. I give up, and lay down, pain running through my body. But I lay on my side, and I stare at Archer as he goes to his clothes drawer and takes his bloody shirt off, grabbing another on.

"My bad," I say, and Archer looks back at me and smiles, putting another shirt on.

"I don't know, I kinda like it. Finally some color to these damn gray clothes." I smile back, but it hurts to, so I then just close my eyes. But I owe Archer something.

"You saved my life," I say.

"And you saved mine. And I've never been so thankful for having you in my life," he says. And I smile myself to sleep right after.

HEY HOWS IT GOIN? 😊

IM GOIN GOOD CUZ I FINALLY POSTED ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if it was boring, but I promise you this story will have action👍👊

AND ALSO ONCE AGAIN THANK U FOR READING!!!! YALL make my day when you vote and comment, or even just read it!!!!!😄

AND THIS STORY HIT 1K READS!!! WOW!!!!! Thank you all so much for reading it, I love you guys!!!😊💕