Chapter 30

It had been a while since she had been taken for tests now and Oliver was getting more and more worried. For him the longest she was in there, the worst it would be.
It made him feel like it was his fault she was hurting since what had happened with his ex. He just wanted to see her.

***

The door finally opened after a long time of waiting.

"Sir?" a nurse softly called out for him.

"Hmm yes?" he said turning his face to look at her.

"We put her in a room, you can go see her" the nurse said as he immediately stood up and then started walking through the hospital corridors.

"What's wrong with her? Did you get the results?" he asked, still as worried as ever about her.

"The doctor has them, he's waiting for you in her room" she said as they had finally arrived to Loretta's room.
He didn't want to waste a second and immediately opened the door.
He directly saw her in her hospital bed, sleeping, looking as white as a ghost but with still a little more colors that when he had brought her in.

"Hi" the doctor said as he shook his hand "you can sit here, right beside her bed" he pointed to a chair.

"What's wrong? Is it serious?" he worriedly asked.

"Let's wake her up" the doctor said as he immediately started to try to wake her up.

That's when he saw her slightly moving until she opened her eyes to directly look at him.

"Hey baby, I'm glad to see you. The doctor has your results so he'll tell us what's wrong, is it okay for you?" he gently asked and she nodded as he went over to her and kissed her forehead.

"So everything's fine, I mean practically everything but it's actually something that's probably gonna make you happy" the doctor said, finally smiling making Oliver confused.

"What do you mean happy?" he asked, holding her hand.

"Miss Durkin, you're pregnant" the doctor said, turning to Loretta who immediately looked at him with big eyes.
"But it's pretty recent, you're almost two weeks along so it explains your stomach pain"

"Oh god I don't know what to say, but I need to ask something. If she's feeling that pain in her stomach because she's pregnant, does that mean that she'll have this pain during the entire pregnancy?" he asked immediately making her smile. They hadn't been together for long but it was making her so happy that he cared so much about her.

"No of course not, we'll give her vitamins and that pain will go away. So you probably know that but I prefer to tell you because you are new parents, no smoking, no drinking, no seafood during the pregnancy, it can be bad for the baby. Now I'll go and tell the nurse to bring in your vitamins so you can take them and go home" he smiled as he walked to the door "Congratulations" he smiled and walked out.

After the doctor was gone, Oliver immediately turned to Loretta, seeing tears in her eyes.

"hey what is it? Why are you crying? It's a wonderful thing" he softly asked as he stroked her cheek gently. "Aren't you happy to be having a baby?"

"I am that's the problem" she said, laughing and crying at the same time.

"What do you mean baby?" he asked.

"It's happy tears, I'm so happy to get another chance to become a mother, and to get that chance with you" she smiled. "Are you also happy about having a baby with me?"

"I couldn't be happier, I'm so excited for this little baby" he said, kissing her lips.
"Now we need to go get the nurse as fast as possible, you need to go home and rest"