Chapter 25

"okay I'm done with the suitcases" Loretta said as she walked in the living room holding three suitcases.

"already? Are those only your clothes?" he asked, trying not to laugh.

"They are, but don't worry I have many more suitcases to pack all my jewels, makeup, shoes and-" she started saying until he stopped her with a kiss.

"I'll need to buy a new dressing for all your clothes" he said, laughing.

"No no it won't be needed, I'll only take a tiny part of your dressing I promise you" she said, making him laugh again.

"oh I believe you" he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her forehead. "before we finish packing everything, would you like to go visit the Arconia, and well, my apartment?" he asked.

"I would love to!! Let's go" she said taking his hand, throwing him his coat and walking to the door.

"Wait wait wait, slow down babe" he chuckled "after all you did today, I think it would be nice for you to go rest for a little while. You've had an operation not long ago, remember?" he teased her and she playfully slapped his arm.

"of course I remember. I'm sorry that everything's moving so fast, maybe you didn't want me to move into your apartment yet and I understand but you know, I'm so excited to start our new life together." she explained, looking at him.

"Babe, of course I want you to move in with me, I've wanted that since the first day I saw you honestly and I completely understand that you are excited because I'm just as excited as you are. I just don't want you to get hurt again or sick, that's the only reason why I want you to rest" he said, putting his hand on her cheek and caressing it.

"I know you're worried but I'm absolutely fine, as long as I'm with you nothing can happen. Now can we please go to your apartment? I promise that I'll rest as soon as we get back" she said looking at him with begging eyes.

"I can't say no when you look at me like that" he chuckled and took her hand in his. "fine let's go" he said as they both put their coats and shoes on and quickly headed to the car.

***

"Okay, here we are" he said as he went to open the passenger door and helped her stand.

"oh my god, this building looks so classy. The rent must be so expensive" she said as she looked at him, with her hand in front of her mouth.

"well I can't say that it's cheap but it's just fine for my budget. Now come on, let's go in" he said as he led her to the hall.

"Hi mister Putnam" a man said at the door.

"Oh hi Lester" he greeted back and turned to Loretta.
"Babe, that's Lester, the doorman" he introduced them.

"it's a pleasure to meet you" she said as she looked at him with a smile and she shook his hand.

"the pleasure is mine" he said as he kissed her hand. He then turned back to Oliver "I haven't seen you a lot these last few weeks" he remarked.

"Yeah I've been a little busy but I'll be back very soon with Loretta" he said as he looked at her. "well see you soon Lester, take care!" he said as they walked to the elevator.

"You even have a doorman! I can't believe it" she said as she looked at him with a shocked look her face that made him laugh.

***

When the elevator door finally opened, he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and they walked in.

"I really love the building, it's so modern" she said.

"Yeah but yours is cute" at the same time, the doors opened. "okay here we are" they stepped out and walked to his appartement door. "ready?" he asked her.

"of course!" she said excitedly.

He opened the door and took her hand as they walked in.

"what do you think? You like it?" he asked.

"I love it! It completely a reflection of your personality" she said as she looked at him with a smile. "I would love to live here with you" she walked to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'm glad" he said with a kiss on her lips.

"Can I see your bedroom?" she said as soon as the kiss ended.

"Of course, come on" he said with a laugh. "here, that's our bedroom now" he smiled.

She approached the bed and jumped on it, making Oliver laugh.

"what are you doing?" he asked, completely amazed by her personality.

"jumping on the bed to try it" she said with an innocent look on her face.

"You're like a kid jumping on the bed his parents just bought to try it" he said as he shook his head and chuckled.

"Not exactly babe" she said as she went to stand in front of him. "I was just trying to see if it was resistant. Apparently it is!" she smirked.

"Oh so you're like that miss Durkin ? I would have never thought that of you" he playfully said, wrapping his arms around her waist and bringing her closer to him.

"I can be" she said as she gently started to kiss her lips.
"I want you" she simply said, looking deep in his eyes and attacking his lips.

He immediately sighed "I don't think it's a good idea sweetheart" he said as he gently pushed her away and gave her a kiss.

"why?" she asked, a little hurt that he didn't want to make love to her.

"After what happened last time, I'm scared that you'll have a flash again. I don't want to hurt you" he explained, playing with her hair. That made her love him even more.

"I'm okay baby. The first time was a little rocky but it's maybe because I was scared to tell you about my son. Now that you know I feel lighter. I feel ready" she reassured him as she gently rubbed his chest.

"let's do that tonight, after what happened I just want to take my time with you. Okay?" he proposed.

"Okay" she immediately hugged him.

They stayed in each other's arms for a while until he broke the silence.

"By the way, have you seen the dressing?" he asked.

"I was too preoccupied to see it" they both laughed.

"well look, barely big enough for my clothes" he said as he showed her.

"we'll buy another one with the money of my apartment" she said as she walked out.

"You really want to sell it?" he asked, they didn't really get an opportunity to talk about it.

"Yes of course, I'll be living here with you, I don't need it" she said with a smile.

"If you want to then okay, I just wanted to make sure." suddenly something else came to his mind.
"Babe, what about Babette's things, what are we going to do with that?"

"I need to call her parents so they can come pick her things up" she said as she looked down.

"Don't worry, if you don't want to call them then I will" he wrapped her in his arms again.

"No no I will, tomorrow maybe. Okay let's stop talking about that, only happy things for now okay?" she smiled.

"Let's go back to your apartment so you can rest" that made her roll her eyes.

"I thought I said happy things?" she teased.

"babe you promised that you would rest. And tomorrow we'll keep packing"

"Okay let's do that" she said with a smile.

They headed back to her apartment, both excited for their new life together.

***