3

𝐓𝐢𝐩 𝐓𝐨𝐞𝐬

    My feet ached under me as we went over pirouettes

    My feet ached under me as we went over pirouettes. My black leotard, pink tights, white micro mesh wrap skirt, and pink leg warmers stuck to my body. I felt warm, I'll rid of some layers after.

   Mrs. DuPont was having us practice some segments from Sleeping Beauty, her auditions are going to be next week and I'm so excited. I find it so hard to not bring up how excited I am to London and Daria, I don't want to annoy them. I exhaled as she finally said "Rest."

  My head and stomach were hurting as I walked to where I left my pink duffel bag by the barre. I'm pretty sure my head hurts from how slicked down my bun is. I reached for my phone and airpods from my bag as I sat with my back against the mirror. The studio was elegant, all four walls had floor to ceiling mirrors. The director's chair was at the front of the room. Prom by Sza played through my airpods as some of the girls went over the steps.

    Buzz. Buzz.

  I glanced down to my phone and saw that Daria and London were texting back and forth on the group chat. I made sure my read receipts were off as I opened the chat.

London: We are going to this party bitches! Be ready by 7.
  Daria: I have homework!
London: You need air Daria. I'll drag you out by your pom poms
   Daria: Fineeee
London: Where the hell is Maisie?
   Daria: I think still in ballet
London: I'm coming for you Maisie

  My eyes widened.
Me: No way! I'll be home in a few
London: Wear your prettiest dresses, we're gonna have fun tonight

   I smiled down at my phone then I registered "I Think He Knows" by Taylor Swift start playing through my airpod. I felt my heart beat a little faster and my tummy ache a bit from my excitement, when London drags us along to parties it's always fun. I forgot for a second who else is there when I'm with them. I care less for what other people think about me.

    I groaned softly to myself as Mrs. DuPon called for the class to get up. So we'd practice again for another hour.

Daria: let's facetime!

  I glanced down at my phone as I was talking to my mom about my classes and ballet. These moments with my mom in the car or at home where it was me and her were always so comforting. Like she was picking up the pieces from when I was little, like she'd always been there for me, like she's my best friend. I smiled as I listened to her criticize Mrs. DuPon like she always does.

   I think I get that from my mom, she doesn't talk all that much with people. I look less than her and more like my dad.. but I'm like her. That's good enough, for me at least.

   "I was thinking we could watch that one movie you've been wanting to watch." She said as was looking at the road. The sun was still up, ready to set.
  "Which one?" I asked raising a brow.
"Me Before You? I think that was the name," she glanced at me, I saw her tired eyes despite the fact she tried hiding it from me. She'll have her break soon. He'll take care of her. I smiled as warmly as I could, despite also being tired.