14

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

I looked in the mirror as I ran my fingers through my hair

I looked in the mirror as I ran my fingers through my hair. My towel hung low on my hips revealing my toned abs. The guys had left earlier and Karissa left not too long ago. My muscles felt tense as I stretched my arms over my head then grabbed my toothpaste. My gold cross hung on my neck.

I brushed my teeth as I thought about my muscles aching. I spat into the sink the white paste and used my hands to cup the water and rinsing my mouth with it.

I padded my way into my room, my music played in the background. I grabbed my phone and looked through my contacts as I opened my drawer and grabbed a pair of black Calvin Klein boxers. I slipped them on as I clicked on Maisie's contact. She hasn't texted or called me. Should I text her? I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and slid them on then hung my towel on my closet door.

I walked over to my bed and laid down. I scrolled through our texts. My eyelids felt heavy...

Her laugh.

I saw darkness..

Freshman year...

I pushed Eli and he shoved me off playfully in return. Our laughter filled the halls as we ran down the corridors. I kicked the ball a little too hard and it went down the corridor, we stopped running when we heard a loud crash of someone falling.

I ran down the corridor and saw a girl with long brown hair. She looked fragile and small to me. In reality she was tall for a girl. I crouched down and helped her pick up her books hurriedly.

"I'm sorry." I told her sincerely.
"It's okay." She sounded nervous. I looked at her, really looked at her.
"It's not okay. You assholes shouldn't be playing soccer in the corridors." Her friend came to her defense.
Eli walked towards her.
"Look we were just heading to practice, we didn't think anyone would be in the halls."
The girl with the fiery attitude glared at him. "You haven't apologized for not thinking."

"London it's okay." The girl got up off the floor and looked to her bodyguard friend.

I smiled at her foolishly. "I really am deeply sorry."

The next day..

I had done my homework the night before and found out the girl's name was Maisie Jagger. I realized I have her in my english's bed math class. And we had piano together last semester. I might just have to join piano again.

I talked to her today. I felt like an idiot with a crush.

For the next few months I started talking to her. I walked her to class too. I noticed she would always have bruises on her too.

Before we went had Christmas break she ended up coming to see me play soccer. I kissed her. It was the best feeling ever, her lips on mine.. my hands on her.. and in her hair.

Then during Christmas break.. a blog had written about it. The school blog where everyone sees all the gossip that happens in school. I didn't know about until then.

To make them go away because I felt embarrassed I started going out with Karissa Malvich. I don't know why I felt embarrassed about it. She was my age.. it wasn't wrong, but the things they wrote made me feel like it was.

I slept with Karissa all winter. After that I couldn't get rid of her, or I didn't want to.

When we came back from break I noticed how heartbroken Maisie looked. I had answered a few of her texts and sort of led her on but I didn't mean to. I just felt confused..

I didn't want to be seen as some guy that jumps from girl to girl but the blog made it seem like Maisie was lying to me about her age and some stuff. Using me to get on the block.

I felt even more guilt when her friend London slapped me in the hallways one day and told me off. To be fair I called her a cheating whore because she'd gone out with Joseph Mendoza when she was seeing Eli.

I fucked up and the damn blog knew all about it.