10

𝐒𝐥𝐨𝐰 & 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲

  I was a fucking idiot

I was a fucking idiot. I saw him after school with Karissa Malvich. Who the fuck did I think I was?! Of course, I was reading into the situation too much.

London must've noticed the absolute heartache I felt because she pulled me to her car and held me close to her side.

"Look, guys are stupid, he's stupid. And he's probably just horny and she's stupid enough to go back to him. Don't let him get to you," London looked at me and wiped my tears. I nodded.

As much as I love London I needed someone to hug and comfort me, not this harsh talk. Luckily Daria must've seen us because I felt her hug me tightly.

Daria's hug felt like a safety net and she held me tight. I sunk my face into her shoulder. London was getting her car and we climbed in a few minutes later. I sat in the backseat with Daria hugging me, I sniffled and scrolled on my phone.

I saw her story. Karissa posted a boomerang of her and her friends with BJ and Kade. Jade's arms were around her and it was obvious he was hiding his face.

"They're back together," I announced. My voice was soft and I sounded just as hurt as I felt. I thought he liked me.

"He'll come back," London said.

"I don't want him to! I don't fucking want him to come back! I want him to stay the hell out of my life."

Daria almost flew out when London hit the brakes.

"Don't fucking yell at me in my car. It's not my fault this happened, you're pushing it."
London warned.

"If you weren't the biggest bitch-"
"Get the fuck out of my car!" Her voice boomed, scaring me. Daria looked between us.

"Guys wait calm down.." Daria tried to ease the tension but I slid out of the car and slammed it shut.

"You sent it you're paying!" London shouted after me. I flipped her off.

"Fuck you!" I shouted after her. I don't know why I said it, but I felt so mad. I walked from her, I heard the sound of London's car driving off. I kept walking home, it was getting cold and dark out quickly. This is just my fucking luck. I grabbed my phone out of my school bag but as I looked at my contacts I had no one to fucking call.

My body shuddered from the cold wind prickling my skin. I looked ahead of me as I kept walking until I saw headlights come close, I stopped in my tracks to see who it was. I kept trying to see who it was as the car parked in front of me. It was a guy.

"I'll drive you home," Kade spoke as he looked at me, his window was halfway down. I nodded and climbed into his car. The leather seat was warm as I sat down and sunk against it. I put my backpack down on the ground while closing the door. He locked the car and drove off. The smell of cotton candy and a woodsy smell overwhelmed my senses. Him. I leaned back and glanced towards him. I should keep my head down.

Driving for the last ten minutes, I'm finally almost home. Throughout the journey, I couldn't help but notice that he kept glancing at me, or at least I thought he was.

"You're oddly quiet," he remarked, his right hand leaving the wheel to rest on his lap.

I turned my head to look at him. "I have nothing to tell you about."

"Oh yeah?" I could see the small smirk on his lips. I wanted to hate him, to be mad, but I couldn't. I think I fell for him.

"Yeah," I replied simply.

"Alright."

"Okay."

He looked at me as he parked in front of my condo. I had to say it now. I parted my lips to speak, but nothing came out. He leaned in, and out of instinct I backed away but he tucked my hair behind my ear.

"I won't hurt you, little thief."
As I stepped out of his car, he flashed a small, gentle smile that caused my heart to skip a beat. I could feel my cheeks warming up as I quickly opened the car door and made my way inside.

"Thanks for the ride!" I called out, trying to conceal the slight flutter in my stomach. Was he about to-No, I told myself. He wasn't.