13

𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐝

I wanted to talk to Maisie, to be able to talk about everything

I wanted to talk to Maisie, to be able to talk about everything. I know I fucked up. I led her on again and I didn't mean to this time. I don't fucking know what's going on with my damn head.

    I want her. I do, but there's this fear. I've wanted her for so long and I've known Karissa for so long. It's senior year and all I've known is Karissa. Starting something new would mean having to open up again and this time to someone new. To Maisie.

   It was hard to talk to her though. Now that I was back with Karissa.

   I was with Eli and BJ. We've signed up for the soccer team, and the coach begged us to come back especially now that the school's had more scouts. It would be an easy transition for me to a new academy, this time for soccer. Eli and BJ though... is another story.

   We sat in my room on the beanbags we've sat in since we were little kids. Eli was looking at his phone and BJ and I were playing Black Ops.

"Any new girls to the list?" Bj asked.

   "Fuck that stupid list," Eli said. His British accent always caught me off guard even now.

    I chuckled and looked over at Eli as he huffed and scrolled on his phone.

"She's still not talking to you because of the list?" I asked curiously.

   "I finally got her to talk to me. To forgive me actually, I'm never making a list weighing options again."

  "I would never make a list weighing options on why not to date Daria, personally." BJ smiled confidently. His comment earned him a smack on the head by Eli.

   "Ow!"
"Twat!"
"You're the twat!"
"You're the fucking idiot that commented!"
"You made the list!"
"Freshman year!"
"You still made it!"
My laughter filled the room as those two kept arguing. Eli jumped on top of BJ and they wrestled on the beanbag.

I heard my door open and looked to see Karissa coming in. I smiled and patted the spot next to me. She smiled and walked over to me. Karissa sat next to me, I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. Her rosy lips tempted me as I looked at her, her small hands took my controller and she giggled at BJ and Eli's fight.

    "There! Let me go! Eli!" BJ cried out. Eli let him go hesitantly.

  I chuckled while watching Eli fall back onto his beanbag. He took the control from Karissa and Bj grabbed his. I turned to look at Karissa, I buried my face against her neck. She didn't smell of vanilla and daisies. Daisies and Vanilla? Who smells like daisies and vanilla? Her hands played with my hair.

   This girl was going to be the death of me. Literally. Every time I was with her.. she made me think of someone else.. this sweet and fiery redhead. That smelt of lilacs. Her arms were wrapped around me and I closed my eyes. I saw Maisie.

   Brown long hair blowing in the wind... a field of lilies... my arms around her small frame. The trophy. Her brown eyes.. Maisie.

    I squeezed the girl in my arms tighter. Don't let go. Don't let go, Kade. Once you do she'll run. You'll scare her.