7

𝐈 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐔𝐩

    I knew I messed the moment I let her out of my car

    I knew I messed the moment I let her out of my car. I regretted it all, but I drove myself home.

   The next morning, I woke up and my head felt like it was pounding. I don't remember drinking that much, but as I groaned and stretched it all hit me at once. I fucked up and I knew as I was hunched over my toilet. 

    I brushed my teeth, my hand rubbed up and down my abs. I saw my abs sort of tense from throwing up. I had some Frank Ocean song playing while I shaved. I've been working out with Eli more and I noticed it was making me more toned. Makes sense why Eli has a bunch of girls trying to sleep with him, yet the girl he loves hates him. I don't think I have much space to talk seeing how I left things with Maisie. This is fucking it. For the last few days, I had Eli on my ass over staring at her all the fucking time.

    She's going to be mine this year.

      For the last five weeks I've managed to mend things with Eli and BJ. I took a good fucking beating for what I said to Eli that night and I apologized repeatedly. I apologized to Maisie too, I got her a bouquet of tulips, chocolates, I walked her to class. I was really trying. I fucked up.

I was walking with Maisie, she made me smile more than I was used to. I also felt this knot in my stomach whenever I was with her. Like I wanted to lock her next to me forever just to keep her safe, but I also wanted her to go out there and sort of show people just how amazing she is. I never felt that way with Karissa.

  "I can't take math anymore. I normally like it but this year there's something different in the air. I feel it" I noticed the way she would sort of bump into me as she walked.

  "I'll help you,' I offered.

"I can do math. I just can't do the class."

  I raised a brow in confusion as we stopped in front of the door for Mr. Tran's class. 

   "I have a free period; I could take you to get frozen yogurt instead..."

"Really?" I noticed the hint of excitement. When I nodded my head, she smiled. Beamed even. I smiled and gently took her softer hand in my rougher one. Maisie followed alongside. I saw the looks people gave us and people turn to whisper, but I didn't care. I didn't care to be seen with her like this. 

    We got in my sleek Range Rover, and I drove out of the paid parking spot I have reserved close to the school. We talked during the drive, it felt like seconds bun in reality I had driven fifteen minutes away.

   "I think you're the best ballerina," I looked at her once I parked.

"Your opinion is biased." Maisie giggled and glanced on her phone. I almost had the urge to throw her phone out the window just because I wanted her full attention.

     We went inside the shop. I got mango and coconut with oreos and a cherry. Maisie got strawberry and vanilla with gummy worms, a cherry, oreos, and boba on hers. I turned, tilting my head down to look at her.

  "You got money for your feast?" I teased, I picked up her cup and mine then carried them to the cash register as she followed me.

"You invited me," she huffed.

   I paid about twenty-three bucks. Hers cost me thirteen bucks. I wanted to tease her about it, but I noted not to. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable. We sat down at a table while eating our ice frozen yogurt.