5

𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫

I've been at this stupid party most of the night just sitting on the leather couch or walking around aimlessly

I've been at this stupid party most of the night just sitting on the leather couch or walking around aimlessly. I had a few drink but not enough to be drunk.

    Maisie got here at 8:54 pm, the party started at 7. What the hell could she have been doing all that time?

   Eli was following London down the huge balcony in back of the condo behind the indoor pool. Some Taylor Swift song was playing through the speakers. I looked over the rim of my glass of bourbon to see if Eli was still alive. To his luck he was, and he was trying to grab London.

   I looked around and my eyes found BJ...talking with Daria. I guess my efforts finally payed off with those two. Hopefully this time they actually talk for longer without Daria ghosting Bee. I saw the glimmer of something you can't confuse for anything but adoration in BJ's blue eyes as he looked down at Daria. She was tall but only tall enough her head was close to his lips. The sight of those two brought a smile to my lips, it was fitting that the bridge of Daylight by Taylor Swift was playing, Daria brown eyes glowed. They were in their own bubble and didn't even see it.

    I turned around when I heard yelling and a glass shatter. I'm sure everyone else did the same, cause as my eyes fell on London and Eli I heard gasps. That's when I saw her, Maisie. She was running to London's rescue as the furious beast was shoving my friend. I hurried to help Eli.

   "You're an asshole! I never want to see you! Never fucking talk to me!" London snapped at Eli. His hazel eyes looked at her pleadingly as he tried reaching for her again. I yanked his white button up and pulled him back. I've never seen London cry, I didn't think it was possible, but I'm sure I saw tears swelling in her eyes.

  Maisie looked to me as if pleading for me to pull Eli away, I gave her a small nod and pulled Eli away. Well I tried. He's like a fucking bulldozer from all that boxing. BJ came to my aid and together we got Eli inside as he tried to explain.

   "Fucking cunt," Eli grumbled as he slammed his fist against the armchair of the couch we managed to sit him on. I found myself worried for Maisie. Was she ok? Did she need anything? Questions and consumed me so much I could hardly understand Eli's english accent.

   "Calm down Eli you were just all over her," BJ snapped almost protectively. I found it odd but didn't dare to ask about it. "Did you tell her?"

   Eli nodded. "Fucking hell. You were wrong. Fucking wrong." He snapped at BJ.

      "You fucked up, not me. Don't fucking blame me," BJ said defensively.

"What are you guys on?" I asked as I took a seltzer from one of waiter's trays passing by. I popped it open and sipped. I raised a brow at them in confusion.

    "He told London about the list.." BJ sighed. My eyes widened and I nearly choked on my seltzer.

  "You idiot," I shook my head. Eli's eyes pierced daggers into me. I almost physically felt them.

     "Just because you can fucking lie to Karissa about the side chicks you had doesn't mean I'm going to lie about my shit to London. You don't give a shit for anyone!"

  "Shut the fuck up Eli. You're one to fucking talk. How's your psychiatrist still treating you? I would've gave up a long time ago. "The second the words left my mouth I regretted it. Eli stood up and before BJ could even try to talk any sense into him he punched me hard, my head turned, my cheek fucking stung like hell. I jumped to shove him but BJ cut between us and shoved me. I stumbled back a bit.

    I could feel the blood trickling from my brow, my eyes narrowed and darkened when I glared at Eli. His eyes were darker, he scoffed before walking away. BJ sighed and looked between me and Eli before going to follow Eli. I scoffed and sat on the couch as I sipped my seltzer. Regretfully my eyes met Karissa's, she's so beautiful, and her she fucking was with Camden.

    I looked down and ran a hand through my hair, I really fucked up this time. My anger just rushed up my body when Eli said all that shit. I shouldn't have said any of that.

    Thirty minutes had gone by. Pink Matter was playing over the speakers. I reached into my pocket in my suit jacket to reach for the pack of cigarettes, I grabbed my lighter instead when she came up to me. Maisie Jagger was coming up to me. She looked small as she looked at me almost sheepishly.

   "He got you good.." Maisie's soft voice said soothingly. Strangers by Ethel Cain played. I nodded in response.

  Maisie sighed and sat next to me, I saw her dress. It was short, black, and hugged her body deliciously. I leaned back and looked to her, she had an unopened White Claw in her hand. My eyes met hers.

    I offered a small smile, "Where are your friends?"

  "Eli took London home since she got um..drunk. BJ took Daria home since I guess she had something come up, so it's just me." She sighed. I wanted to touch her, to run my hands through her hair, to pull her against me.
"I'll take you home," I offered. She finally looked at me.
"Is that ok?"
"Yeah.. yeah, it's no trouble."
She turned to face me, I didn't move when she leaned in closer and put her seltzer against my cheek. It was cold but I tried not to wince.

"Sorry.." She said softly.

I looked around, people were still partying. Dancing around and drinking.