6

𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭

  Kade drove me home

  Kade drove me home. I couldn't believe it. His cool leather seats were so comfortable. His musky woodsy scent drowned me out in his Range Rover.

    My eyes glanced down to my phone. Not a text from Daria freaking out. No text from London about anything. I was a little worried for London, she was strong but I wondered how long she'd be that way.

  Break You Off by Bret Faiyaz was playing as I leaned back in the seat. My eyelids felt a little heavier while I stared out the window.

    "So your friend isn't from here is he?"
I looked to Kade.

   He raised a brow at me while looking at the road. "Who?"

"The one with the British accent.."
    "Ohhh Eli, yeah he just moved to Manhattan sophomore year. Then he moved to Dalton High."
"I thought I'd seen him around but I thought he was a senior last year. He looks kinda older."
    "Nah. He just keeps to himself unless you're London..."
  I felt defensive when he mentioned one of my best friends, but I didn't say anything.
   "He's such an idiot for getting involved with her." Kade exhaled. I narrowed my eyes, but again I was too nervous to speak up. What if I go too far..
  "She's a good person," I said firmly.
"To who? She's always the biggest bitch around."
   "You're not exactly the world's best person either." I mumbled.

    I saw him look at me in disbelief before shaking his head then focusing on driving. It was really quiet after that. I wished one of the girls texted me now but neither of them did. I stared out the window and sighed softly.

     Thirty minutes of fucking silence. I wanted to blame myself but I knew better. I had to defend my best friends. And he had talked shit on London.

I ignored his glances at me and glared out the window. Who the fuck did he think he was.

"Look I'm sorry," He finally said as he parked in front of my condo.

"Yeah." I said dryly.
"I mean it Maisie. I'm sorry, alright? I shouldn't have said all of that."
*I was about to step out when he pulled me back in and shut my door. I turned to give him a look that said "What the fuck?!" but of course when I met his eyes he was dead series.*

"I mean it." He was so close it was suffocating. I could feel his breath against my lips. It was cool and minty.
   "Okay," I met his eyes. "Can I go home now?"
He leaned back, finally I could slip out. I went up to my condo hurriedly.