Chapter 54

Months had passed, and the contract period was drawing to a close.  My was still lost, unsure of what Y/N was thinking. The question haunted him: would she ever forgive him and accept him again? Despite all their time together, he couldn’t figure out where her heart truly lay.

On the other side, Y/N was battling her own emotions. She couldn't deny that her heart had softened toward Taehyung. His gentle, protective nature was something she had come to cherish, and the more time they spent together, the more she found herself falling for him. But every time her heart began to race at the sight of his tender smile, a cold wave of fear washed over her. His darkness, his obsession—it was a part of him that she knew she couldn't change. And if she chose to give him a chance, she would have to accept that darkness too, to embrace the shadows that clung to his soul. The thought terrified her, leaving her at a crossroads, unsure of which path to take.

Meanwhile, a storm was brewing in Jennie's heart. A few days earlier, she had finally mustered the courage to confess her feelings to Lucas. But the response she received shattered her. Lucas had gently, yet firmly, rejected her confession. The pain was sharp, unexpected. Jennie had never thought that the first time she allowed herself to fall for someone, she would be met with rejection.

Lucas, for his part, had wrestled with his own feelings. He cared for Jennie deeply, but loyalty and friendship were values he held above all else. The Kim brothers, especially Taehyung, had never treated him as a mere servant; they had welcomed him into their family, made him one of their own. To betray Taehyung’s trust by falling in love with his sister felt like the ultimate betrayal, one he could not commit. Jennie hadn't asked for his reasons, and he hadn’t offered them. He could only watch as the light dimmed in her eyes, replaced by a smile that didn’t reach her heart.

Jennie tried to hide her pain behind that smile, but inside, she was shattered. She had never imagined that loving someone could hurt so much. But Jennie was not one to give up easily. She vowed that this would not be the end. Her heart might be broken, but she would pick up the pieces and fight for what she wanted. Even if it meant confronting her own fears, challenging Lucas’s resolve, and pushing the boundaries of their relationship, she would not let this rejection define her.

As the days went by, Jennie became more confident in her pursuit of Lucas, flirting with him boldly, making him nervous. On the other side, Taehyung and Y/N’s relationship hung in the balance, each unsure of what the future held. With time running out, both would soon have to face their true feelings and make choices that could change everything.

.
.
.

Inside his office, Yoongi’s patience had finally snapped. "What do you mean you couldn’t find her?!" he roared, glaring at the man kneeling before him. The man trembled, sweat beading on his forehead, as he stammered out an apology.

"I’m sorry, Mr. Suga! We searched everywhere, but there’s no trace of her anywhere in South Korea. Please, give us more time—"

"More time?" Yoongi cut him off, his voice dangerously low. "It’s been months, and you’ve found nothing. Do you understand what’s at stake here?" His hand moved to his desk, where a gun lay ominously within reach. In one swift motion, he grabbed it, pointing it directly at the man’s head.

"Please, sir!" the man begged, now fully on his knees, his voice quivering with fear. "I’m doing everything I can! Don’t—don’t kill me!"

Just then, the door to the office swung open, and Hoseok entered. He stopped in his tracks, taking in the scene before him—Yoongi with a gun aimed at the man, who was trembling on the floor. Jhope sighed deeply and approached his brother.

"Hyung, put the gun down," Hoseok said firmly but gently. "This isn’t going to solve anything."

Yoongi’s grip tightened on the weapon, his eyes still locked on the man in front of him. "He’s useless, Hobi. Months of searching, and he’s got nothing. I’m not losing her—I can’t."