53

The Shadow

The sex was epic.

The moment I came back I haven't had any clothes on my body, I missed him as much he missed me.

The job did actually take 3 days and on the fourth I was standing in front of him.

My sword was happy as fuck, as it could taste blood again and after so many months of not being in practice I was surprised to see I was still in good form and shape.

"I missed you" he said to me, "You have said that too many times already. I was only gone for 3 days." I told him. We were on our bed, it was already midnight, we haven't gotten out of this since the moment I came back.

The air smelled like his scent mixed with mine mixed with sex, "I am tired" I told him, my eyes already closing on their own, and before I could hear him respond I had already drifted to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up the sun was already high up in the sky, and the bed was empty. Not having Ranvijay beside me was saddening but I knew he had work. I had heard from the soldiers that some problems had struck between Vardhana and Kanva Kingdom, which was our neighbour and also our biggest enemy.

Kanva was a powerful kingdom but also one which played dirty games to get what they want, the king Devasya was a crook by nature but the way he ruled his kingdom, his subjects were satisfied with him.

Devasya was old and only sired one heir all his lifetime. He was popular for bedding woman from all kingdoms without ever marrying them, rumours are some even got pregnant.

Kanva was planning to attack Vardhana, the news came this morning through some of our spies, all telling the same news, Kanva was planning something against Vardhana, it was all suspicion but seeing the history of the nations and their relations it was possible.

Kanva and Vardhana have been enemies since way before Ranvijay was born, it was a generational hatred which was passed down and it only amplified on their part. Ranvijay was already tired of their attempts to take siege over this kingdom, he even tried to make the two nations sign a peace treaty, but the attempt was as futile as that Devasya's words.

As I stepped out of the room, I was surprised to not find Alaaya outside my door, she was usually standing right by the door, singing and humming and sometimes writing something in that small notebook of hers, she was always here and suddenly she was not. She never took a leave without telling me, heck nobody took a leave without telling me.

"Where is Alaaya?" I asked the soldier stationed outside our room, "I don't know your highness" he said and bowed his head, I absent-mindedly nodded and walked away from there, my legs getting a brain of their own and walking me towards Adwith's room.

Even they knew he would know; he always knew where Alaaya was. Always.

I softly knocked on his door, chances were he was out at this hour of the day, he roamed around God knows where and comes back late at night, Alaaya never left until she knew he was home and safe.

"Come in" a voice boomed from the inside, I peeked in to see where he was, he was probably in the bedroom as his visiting chambers were empty.

"Adwith" I called for him, "Bhabhi?" he called, I heard hurried footsteps before I saw him standing before me.

"Where is Alaaya?" I asked without any delay.

The shine from his eyes vanished, the smile he had plastered on was gone and lost into oblivion, "I don't know" he frowned, "What happened?" I breathed out, "Nothing" he mumbled, "Tell me" I said in a deep voice, "We fought" he exhaled and sat on the settee, rubbing his forehead, "Why?" I asked, sitting beside him rubbing my hands together.