Going in Together

"Bruce, is this where you are cooped up when you aren't working?" Clark asked with genuine curiosity as he hovered behind Bruce as he gazed at his Batcomputer intently.

Clark had his legs crossed as he hovered in the air in a sitting position with one of his elbows propped upon his knee, holding his head in his hand. Bruce had complained about how Clark kept flipping his cape at Bruce's face every now and then just to piss him off. He did it again and Bruce heaved a sigh, swatting away the red cape that fell over his face for the umpteenth time.

"This is work, Clark. I usually just go to see you when I'm not working"

Clark couldn't help but get a little flustered as he felt like someone special to the other man. Well, he was.

"You're giving me goosebumps" he muttered out and Bruce rolled his eyes.

He scratched his head and turned his gaze back up to look at Bruce who vigorously typed away at his computer. He had his cowl pulled down and Clark felt a smile tug at his lips. He just couldn't get used to it. He never would have thought it was Bruce Wayne under that mask. Then again, who else would it be?

"What is it?"

Clark snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Bruce ask, his eyes still fixed on the screen in front.

He heaved a sigh and lowered himself, kneeling by Bruce's chair. He grabbed Bruce's hand that rested on the keyboard and took it in his own hands, demanding his attention. Bruce raised an eyebrow in question.

"Why are you so persistent on keeping our identities a secret?" Clark asked and Bruce pursed his lips.

"It's better that way"

Clark lifted his hand to caress Bruce's face, a warmth he willingly leaned into.

"Don't you feel a little more at ease now that you've told me?" He smiled as he saw Bruce open his mouth to say something, then close it again abruptly. "I get it that you are scared of what might happen. But trust me, it is better on the other side"

"I can't go there, Clark"

"You can't, or you won't?"

Bruce hated how his brain thought Clark had a point. He just hated everything about him. How good he was at convincing him and how he made him want to run away with him to whatever utopia he promised him.

"Even if the sky comes crashing down, you know I will still be here with you, right?"

Bruce couldn't bring himself to nod his head or mutter out an answer. He looked away and it took just one moment for him to gain back his composure. As if he would ever lose it.

Shaking off Clark's hands, he rose from his seat and pulled his cowl back on. "It's time to go to the watchtower, Clark. We're already five minutes late. I'll go in first. You can come in later" with that, he walked past Clark and to the zetas.

"Hey! I'm coming with you!" Clark too rose upon his feet.

"No, Just walk in after--" a surprised gasp escaped Bruce's lips when he felt his feet pulled off of the floor by a gust of wind that rushed past him.

"For once, Bruce, shut up, will ya?" Clark had a wide grin plastered on his face as he punched in the co-ordinates of the watch tower.