II

I've been working for over a week now and since the first day I didn't see him. I guess he's out of town or doing something fancy rich people do. 

The amount of work the previous Chief left was enormous. I clearly understand why he had to quit. I would have done the same. 

"These are the papers you asked from the secretary." Beatrice said as she deposited them on my desk. She had been working a lot lately. I didn't want to worn her out but I had no choice. The company could have been in great danger if someone didn't take it all over. 

"Thanks. What about the cashout of the latest trip? I don't remember including it in the loans." I said as I opened the files. Even with the three Macbooks I had and my personal Macbook I still had paperwork to do. It sucked.

"I'm going to send you those by mail. Oh and by the way all the directors have a meeting in 45 minutes with the boss. His assistant let me know just a few minutes ago." 

"Okay I will be present. What room? I can imagine there are a bunch of meeting rooms there." I asked still looking at the papers.

"Well the rooms don't have numbers but names and I think she talked about the Skyfall room"  she said before exiting.

Yeah of course. Rich people stuffs. Now why would you name a room "Skyfall" ?

*****

Okay I understand why he named it Skyfall. What in the breath-taking beauty is this? 

"You may have your seats" Artagatis said sitting first. We all sat. The chairs apparently had our functions scripted on them. Rich people stuffs. I was seated way too far from him and I couldn't thank God any more.

"I am holding this unexpected meeting because we didn't have the occasion to welcome our new Director of Management and Finances. I can imagine how surpressed you are, Miss Lukewarm" he said as all the members turned to me. 

"Indeed, I am." Is all I could say. Just the necessary. Nothing more.

"Well, I hope it will be for a good productivity. Here at Art'swood we are all busy. Me as well." he said before opening the bottle of wtaer by his side and taking a sip of it. Sexy. That was one sexy of a gulp. I looked away as soon as he put it down. I don't want my boss to think I'm having a crush on him.

"So we are here for you to give us some details about you. I saw your CV but they didn't so I would like you to present yourself." he spat. 

"So I am Amarine Lukewarm a fresh 22 years old who just gor her Bachelor's degree in Management and Finances in the University of Toronto. I am single, no child and I love crocheting. I think that's brief and clear." 

"It is." Artagatis replied. "No one has a question? Nothing someone wants to know?"

They stayed dead silent. Yeah. That's the effect I give to people who don't know me. 

"Okay then I think this meeting is over. You may exit." I stood up and walked to the door when I heard "Except you, Miss Lukewarm."

Now why would he do me like that? It's my first week I don't even know what he likes and dislikes. 

I turned to him as he was still sitting and he motioned me to do as well, but on the seat of the Director of Human Resources, right by his side. I gently obeyed and waited for him to start the conversation. He stood up and started walking all around the room.

"So, Miss Lukewarm, you said you're single." he said looking towards the window.

"Yes, that's what I said." I replied not knowing how to react.

"Interesting. Before hiring someone I observe them. You may think you have been chosen because of your potential and I'm not saying otherwise just that you were.. captivating." he said as he turned to me. "I am not used to my employees looking lustfully at me while I'm having a drink"

Fuck. I knew it. My timer was off.

"I don't think I understand." I clearly did.

"But you do. Eyeing me like this won't get you any promotion." 

"I beg for your pardon? Are you saying I am acting flirty to get a stupid promotion at not even a month of work? I can still quit the job if you think so. This is an insult to me." I said as I stood up heading to the door.

"Wait." He stated as he approached me. I didn't turn but I could feel how close he was to me "I didn't mean to say it like that." 

"But you did. And if you don't have anything else to say I think I should leave. Have a good day." I said as I walked off. I don't need this boss-employee type shit. That's ridiculous. I'd rather use my dildo.