III

Anyone who doesn't know me will surely say I am very stupid for giving attitude to my boss but I am VERY feminist. I don't shut up to satisfy a man's ego. Be it my boss or not. There are limits and Artagatis Chancewood crossed the limits over the limits. 

Later that day I was packing my stuffs to go when I heard a light knock on my glass door.

"You may come in" I said thinking it was Beatrice. How I wished it was her. But no it was only a wish and wishes didn't come true if they were not said on our birthday. I looked up to see the brown haired 6'2 italian man standing by the doorway.

"How may I help you sir?" I asked seizing all activity I was doing. At least I respected him enough.

"I wanted to make amends for what happened earlier." he stated. I didn't know if he was being polite or it was genuine. His facial expression did not match his words.

"Let's just say it never happened." I said taking my coat from the hanger and putting it on. He walked closer and looked at my board where I wrote some ideas.

"Why not a dinner? I mean I'm sure you're not busy any time soon" he said curving imaginary letters on the board. He really acted like a highschool guy.

"Okay I'm down" I said removing my keys from my handbag. "What time?" 

"So where can I pick you up?" 

No he wasn't picking me up any where.

"It is only to make amends as you said. Not a date. Where is it going to be?" I asked shattering any mischevious thought he had. 

"Well my assistant will send you the location." He said in a half disappointed tone. Men are very cocky. As soon as you give them the least opportunity they will take the biggest profit out of it and that was not going to happen any day soon with my boss.

*****

A dinner with my boss. Nothing more. I should still dress classy. Nothing frivolous. Last time I did the guy thought I was a whore. That's when I understood I had to keep away all the clothes in my wardrobe that gave that impression.

I opened my wardrobe and started searching for the top with my eyes. Green, Lilac.. Pale pink! It is casual and classy therefore perfect for my outfit. I snatched it from the pile of clothes and unfolded it to see what type of top it was. Turned out to be an off shoulder with long puff sleeves ending into a band. I set it on the bed and went back to the wardrobe to pick out the pants. I went for a pair of grey pegged pants and took low pink heels to match. My outfit was complete, I may change the under wear, but I am going to put unmatching colours for it to discourage me into doing anything. I used this method a couple of times and it worked.

I finished getting dressed and went to the bathroom to put some make up on. I said some. Just to look cute. I put a nude lipstick and did my eyeliner. I am not really a fan of foundation unless it's just to cover up my dark circles. I styled my hair into a high bun and let out two strands of hair pending on my face. The only thing lacking was my Mauboussin on me and I didn't forget to spray it on me and adding some silver jewelries before going out.

****

A five-star hotel of course. Not even a four to act humble. As I entered a waiter came to me. 

"Miss Amarine?" he asked politely. I nodded.

"Follow me please" he said leading the way. He brought me to a reserved place, apparently for only two persons. Artagatis was already sat and in a black tuxedo? Who would bring a tuxedo for such a minimal occasion? Rich stuffs I guess. He surely wanted to wear it at least once since he bought it.