IX

Three days passed and I still didn't have the nerve to ask Ademir all the questions I had. I know this can't be a coincidence. It is in the same city and I know damn well Toronto is big but NOT that big.

"You've been absent-minded lately Amarine" Beatrice said and scared the shit out of me. "You don't even hear me entering"

"Sorry I think it's work" I replied with my hand on my chest to calm my heart.

"Okay well if I can do anything to alleviate it tell me" she said before going back to her office. 

I had to call him. Nothing is going to happen because I trust him and I know there is a good and favorable explanation to this. I dialled his number and it rang three times before he picked the call.

"Yeah baby?" he said at the other end. I took a deep breath and continued. 

"Yeah darling I wanted to know if we could go to your place sometimes you know. Not that I don't want you to come to my place anymore but I never saw yours" I said in a block. 

"Oh sure today? We can go today at what time are you out?" I knew it. He is too kind-hearted for all what Daisy said.

"Even now I can go out." I answered happily.

"Then I'll be there in thirty a driver will go back to your place with your car while we will go there together. Deal?" 

"Deal. I'll be waiting for you then." I said before I hung up the phone. I called Beatrice to let her know I will end my day and finished some work before he came.

****

"So, why this sudden urge to see my place?" he asked with his hand on my thigh.

"Well I want to be sure you're not a serial killer" I said before laughing. He laughed too.

"Okay I see. And if I kill you there?" he asked acting serious.

"Well I'll haunt you for the rest of your life" 

"Hmm I will like to know how sex with a ghost is" he said with a smirk.

"Eww" I said as he laughed at me. We've been riding for over 45 minutes and we were nearly out of town. "You live in the forest?" I asked playfully.

"No baby. Just that I like peace and we arrived." 

"Huh?" i looked out of the window and I didn't believe my eyes. His house was surely worth millions. It looked like a building from the 18th century or whatever century before man knew cement. Only stones and ferns and even with the materials used it also looked modern with the spotlights here and there. I turned to him and looked at him dead serious "Are you Bill Gates of Brazil?" 

He looked at me and laughed. He laughed so hard I was embarassed. He laughed for over 40 seconds or even more. That was too much for a man.

"You're really funny mi amo." he said before the driver stopped the car and two men visibly guards came to open both doors. I got out and looked around and the garden was filled with guards. They could be a dozen or even more.

"Why so much guards?" I asked as he took my hand and we walked to the house.

"Well because as you can see my house is too big and burglary is not something I specially like so I'd rather protect all my belongings." 

We got into the house and goodness was it a museum? It had artefacts everywhere. 

"A heir?" I asked astonished.

"Sort of baby. But the house is mine. I've constructed it myself. Only the land is what I've inherited of." he explained. "You might want to visit all the place right?"